Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What practice drills do you do
  • Klunk
    Free Member

when out on a bike when waiting or just ambling along, for my part I do figure of eights in tightest space possible, side to side on shallow double track to practice weighting the outside pedal, track stands (thought probably not enough) and mini manuals just to keep the front wheel out puddles and the like.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Whenever I hear a siren I get under the desk and start praying to Bob.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Wheelie going up every fireroad and actual road as much as possible. Manual (well, try) down every fireroad or actual road that i can. Tyre wear significantly less on the front.

trail_rat
    Free Member

boat drill…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

boat drill…..

*so important i do it twice….. or i just double posted 😉

Mintman
    Free Member

Trackstands and Manuals mainly. If i’m feeling brave i’ll have a go at bunnyhops.

I often find that I don’t want to ruin an otherwise good ride with a pathetic attempt at “big air” though.

portlyone

Curb dropping to flat (if that makes sense). Bunnyhopping sleeping policemen/speed bumps

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m crap at tricks, so just find a steep bank and try and ride up/down it, or a treestump/rock to try and lift the front wheel up onto.

Failing that, find a track to warm up on.

nealglover
    Free Member

I practice drilling.

stewartc
    Free Member

Maybe have a cigarette

mjsmke

If i’m feeling extra confident that day and I have a lot of time i remove my stabilisers.

stevied
    Free Member

Rolling endo’s…(I know there’s a proper name for it but can’t remember), manuals, wheelies and bunny hops. All stuff that can help get you out of trouble 🙂 TBF the group I ride with mostly tend to p*ss about a bit.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

6mm masonry

crikey
    Free Member

I practice bladder control and fart emission.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Now’t, just ride the bike around.

kudos100
    Free Member

Trackstands, manuals and flat corners.

Not sure if it helps as I am still fairly mediocre at all three!

I do love a good manual though. Nothing beats the feeling of holding the balance point for a few seconds.

thepurist

Bunnyhops, manuals, wheelies, still rubbish at all of them, trackstands getting better and trying to learn that unweight the back and spin round on the front euro hop style thing but can only get about 30 degrees round at the mo.

franksinatra

i mainly just pick my nose.

Occasionally I will get off the bike then back on it again in the style of an transsexual honey badger. you never know when skillz like that might save a childs face.

DezB
    Free Member

I do figure of ones.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

M*sturbate.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

While waiting for mates to arrive: Figure eights, both tight-slow and bigger-faster ones. Kerb-drops to flat and kerb climbs. While these are not “tricks” I think they really help prepare me for rides.

thepurist

One handed riding & multi tasking – good skills PJ

fasthaggis

Tuck and roll

khani
    Free Member

M*sturbate.

That must be really embarrassing if someone turns up early…
    Or do your mates call you Pumpmaster jizz?

jameso

Pumpmaster jizz

I think that may stick )

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Haha. Nice to see someone else’s big mouth getting them a load of trouble, for once! 😆

gazc
    Free Member

value the peace and tranquility* or take the opportunity to have a piss or have a look at the map

*at a trail centre probably not so likely

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The Bikerfox flip

franksinatra

I have been mountain biking for 25 years and in that time I have never, ever heard of people doing ‘practice drills’.

Have I been missing out, is this a new phenomenon or just a symptom of the fact that I am usually late for group rides?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh, frank, that reminds me – I have been reading a couple of other threads and I have the solution to your “overgrowth” issue:

Rock Salt. Apply liberally, it will kill of the growth and also has the bonus of being antiseptic. Just shove a load of coarse-grains down your crack and you’re good to walk all day 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Wheelies are obviously de rigueur at Trail Centres. As is compressing your suspension repeatedly. Maybe a skid or 2 as well.

I try to practice endo turns, but am starting from a pretty low level so not making much progress in flats.

But having seen a guy riding whilst drinking a cup on the Gloucester Road (Bristol) today, I might try that instead.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s just fooling about really – and feeling your balance and mobility on the bike before the inevitable lung-busting slog to the top the hill.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Forward-flip, always the forward-flip.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Pumpmaster Jizz – Member

M*sturbate.
    Wondered why you were late and red faced last time we met up….. 😯

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That must be really embarrassing if someone turns up early…

No-one is ever *that* early. 😳

Wondered why you were late and red faced last time we met up…..

8)

Good drills. Good drills.

vickypea
    Free Member

If I’m out on my own, I often ‘session’ a technical section, usually to improve my skills, but sometimes just to repeat something for sheer enjoyment.

RustySpanner

Try to fart and pedal at the same time.

Not as easy as it sounds.

RustySpanner

Oops, double post.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Cycle around the car park whilst staring at the forks and bouncing the suspension up and down.

khani
    Free Member

Comedy car park SPD moments….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What practice drills do you do’ is closed to new replies.