Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What people carrier ….. Or van that looks like one ;)
  • rooney
    Free Member

The mrs isn’t that keen in a van, however a large people carrier or a van that looks like one ….. I’m sure I could pull that off!

Currently I have a vauxhall vectra estate love it, but with jnr here putting my bike in, dog and pram or trailer and jnr in is a no go. I could look at towbar but still I’d like all inside the vehicle.

Ideally one seat down bike rolled in full. Room for pram and other bits. Thinking holidays are coming 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Fiat Doblo… Been over Europe in ours, We get two bikes, four dogs, camping kit, two canoes on the roof, bike and canoe kit, plus loads of other stuff in it,
    it’s been totally reliable for four years and with winter tyres it’s unstoppable…

takisawa2

Galaxy. Four seats, four bikes (three fully built) inside, & 1500kg of caravan on the back.
    Love ours. Simply unbeatable for kids.

IMAG0568 by pten2106, on Flickr

stgeorge

+1 for Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra. Really versatile.

darrell
    Free Member

Sharan everytime

andrewh
    Free Member

Could you get away with a 6 seat crew cab Transit?
    my previous car was an MPV, currently have a van and the van is just better in evey respect, even alot cheaper to run!

robnav
    Free Member

citroen synergy!! same deal as the galaxy by the looks of it, take out the middle seat of the middle row and the complete row of rear seats and you`ll get three bikes in and loads of kit as well as still have four seats. also reliable and very comfortable to drive. only paid £500 for mine four years ago and still rocking on!!

rooney
    Free Member

I’m liking the galaxy as does the mrs 🙂

muddodger
    Free Member

I’m just waiting to pick up a Renault Kangoo, not the best looking, or fastest but… it’s an 02 reg, done less than 70k and is costing £200!
    At the moment is fully converted for disabled use, but will be used as a second car / van, looks a fantastic bike car 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ford galaxy breaking every law on the road with 9 lads and luggage in a 3am dash from Derby up to Leeds/Bradford airport for a trip to Ibiza. I still to this day have flashbacks of that journey and wonder how we all got in!!!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+2 for Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra. Bought an Alhambra specifically for this purpose, cruised down to Verbier last year stacked with bikes.

Van space (actually bigger inside than many vans including transit connect which I tried) with car creature comforts.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For those I have seen the VW caravelle & Hyundai I load – they are not vans, just big cars 🙂

zeffir
    Free Member

Same requirements here, couldn’t do without our Sharan now and can fit an amazing amount in. Would look at a diesel though, our vr6 is a proper guzzler.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Galaxy – I had two and only recently changed to a smaller estate (as my eldest two had left home) – still miss it, such brilliant cars

tinybits
    Free Member

Merc Vivaro.l with windows all down the side. Friend has one and its great. Second row of seats for the kids, bike / tent / dog and everything including the kitchen sink behind. Goes like stink as well, I think it’s got a 200bhp+ desiel engine in it. Not cheap though!

Edit: I’m sure they do a people carrier version if the van as well. ‘V’ class?

mattyd
    Free Member

Can I ask, how many fully built/dismantled bikes and how many passengers people are squeezing in? I’m possibly looking to replace an old Toyota Estima which, with the back row of seats out, can fit 4 adults and 4 fully built bikes inside. I want to keep that capacity, but wondered what else could do it.

porter_jamie

lwb T4 with second row of seats. i think i have had maybe 7 fully built bikes in the back once driving from afan carpark to the b+b, to save others in our group having to disassemble and fit in their cars.

regularly take 4 built bikes, 4 people and a dog.
    took 3 people, 5 bikes, 5 peoples luggage and literally enough spares to build another bike to the alps.

we also have a volvo 850 estate and you can fit 3 short travel hardtails in the boot with the wheels out if you think about it and take your time. with 150mm forks you struggle with the height (i stick them upsidedown on the bars and seat tube, with post removed and wheels removed and stuff the wheels around the frames.)

rooney
    Free Member

Just looked at 08 galaxy the seats don’t come out. Can you still wheel bike in through middle seat ?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What people carrier ….. Or van that looks like one ;)’ is closed to new replies.