Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What parts do i need to convert solo air lyriks to coil?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

is it a spring, top out spring and new top cap?

if i bought this would it be a case of take teh air assembly out and bolt this in, top oil up and done?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-UTurn-Spring-Assy-Lyrik-Med-Red-Standard-160mm-/320816382155?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4ab22580cb

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I *think* i could buy whats linked and a top out spring. I can get the top out spring for £20, anyone have one laying around?

Liftman

Yup you need the spring, top out spring and top cap. Put plenty of grease on the spring before installing it, this stops it being noisy.

SOAP
    Free Member

Can this be done to Sektors soloAir’s ?

walleater

You also ‘need’ the plastic wrap that goes around the inside of the uppers. Or grease or shrink wrap but the correct part is pretty cheap.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

got that cheers, need the top out spring assembly

matthew_h
    Free Member

Why?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

because i like coil more than air tbh, always had coil bar one set of air revs which never felt right. My old coil lyriks felt a lot different in the initial bit of travel, where a mincer like me always seems to be – lol

If i set them so that the sag is right then they blow through the travel unless i put loads of LSC on which means that they are crap on small stuff. I i set them so that they are correct for my weight on the chart on the fork leg i don’t get virtually any sag <10mm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What parts do i need to convert solo air lyriks to coil?’ is closed to new replies.