Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What paint stripper?
  • steveoath
    Free Member

bought a pretty scratched balance bike off ebay for jnr, now looking to strip the paint (or stickerbomb the thing!).

Since nitromors isn’t good anymore, can anyone recommend me some?

Thanks,
    Steve

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Permatex Gasket Remover

andysredmini
    Free Member

Try and find a local chemical stripper. It will probably cheaper than a bottle of paint stripper and sandpaper. Plus it involves no hard work for you. Same with repainting. Find a local powder coater and they will prob do it for a couple of quid.

isitafox
    Free Member

Starchem

robland
    Free Member

Get it shot blasted

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Tennets super….

kayla1
    Free Member

A blast and powder coat (look for local alloy wheel refurbishers rather than bicycle-specific powder coaters) would only be £30 or so. I got a BMX frame done in a lovely gloss black with blue/green flake for £40 🙂 The hardest bit was finding it on the industrial estate!

steveoath
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice all. I did see a drill mounted stripper but not Seen it in action.

jonba
    Free Member

Personally I’d also contact a spray/powder shop. For a basic job you’d be looking at about £50 which you’d only just be below buying stuff to do it well yourself and you’d save a lot of hassle.

Nitromors became rubbish when they removed the Dichloromethane. As it was made illegal for consumer use in the EU you won’t find products containing it anywhere. From my experience there now appear to be two sorts of products on the market. Nitromors types which contain Methanol and a range of powerful solvents and then those based on Acetic acid. Nitromers still works the best from the ones I’ve tried – even compared to some I’ve knocked up myself.

Heat gun might be as effective. for a DIY job.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What paint stripper?’ is closed to new replies.