Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What paint for muddy walls?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Our dogs bring muddy waggy tails into the hallway – constant wiping just rubs the mud into the matt emulsion.

What paint have you used? Satin? Special wipe-clean paint?

Cheers!

Ricks

jimdubleyou

Dulux Endurance.

scotroutes

Have you considered docking?

Or clear perspex panels fitted over your paint of choice?

rickon
    Free Member

That’s a pretty personal question for a Sunday paint thread.

mccraque

The wife’s asking why I’m sniggering next to her.

Cougar

I’m glad that wasn’t just me.

ahsat

Dulux trade e.g. diamond or something like vinyl. We’ve had the latter in our kitchen for 6 months and dog spray, tyre marks etc all cleaned off no problems at all. Very impressed.

riklegge

Varnish the dog?

tewit
    Free Member

I’ve just done the wall below the the dado rail in our hallway in oil eggshell. Much nicer finish and very hard wearing. You wouldn’t want to do whole walls in it though. Bloody stinks.
    As above Dulux Diamond stuff is very good. I did our hall, stairs and landing woodwork in non trade Dulux water based satin and is absolutely rubbish. Sticky to touch and gets dirty very quickly.

rene59
    Free Member

The wife’s asking why I’m sniggering next to her. It’s rare that I get to look something up and wish I could go back to not knowing.

jonba
    Free Member

As above. If you go with something glossier it will be easier to wipe down as it will have a smoother finish. Eggshell, satin. That and one of the wipe clean options.

bigh
    Free Member

Or this stuff

Turns any matt emulsion into a very washable surface. The dead flat still has a slight sheen viewed from an angle

johndoh
    Free Member

Johnston’s acrylic durable matt. Wonderful stuff – won’t paint anything anywhere with anything else. Bloody expensive but worth it. Even have it behind the cooker and it scrubs down no problem even after cooking curries / Italian etc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What paint for muddy walls?’ is closed to new replies.