Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • What no Roubaix '16 thread? **May Contain Spoliers**
  • everyone
    Free Member

Currently raining a bit here in Lille although I think its forecast dry for tomorrow. Is there anyone going to watch it in Roubaix?

I’d love to see Cancellara give it a good go tomorrow!

aP
    Free Member

Still raining in Roubaix currently.
    We’ll head out tomorrow morning probably somewhere like the 4th or 5th set of cobbles, then head north and get to see them a couple more times on the way in.

scaredypants

I was channelling the spirit of the race today out on the road – err, except when I hid behind a tree during a downpour

mj27
    Free Member

Can’t wait to see it unfold and where Sagan is in the mix. Just hope bad luck isn’t a big influence, let them rip the legs off each other.

jobro
    Free Member

I’ll be with you in spirit. French themed party (for one) bought and ready to go tomorrow.
    I’m also hoping for a Fabian win. Fairy tale ending to a great career?

TiRed

fill your boots 🙂

http://www.steephill.tv/classics/paris-roubaix/#rosters

And I was out pounding the mean cobbles of errrr Surrey this morning. In the rain. On last year’s winning bike 8)

edhornby

interesting that the race will be started a little later – because there will be a tailwind all the way… so the lone breakaway merchants will like that, Cancellara could be the man

but, there will be so many people watching and sitting on his wheel, so Tony Martin could be a good outside bet (he likes a tailwind) or the likes of stybar who could get away if no-one chooses to mark him

Cav is going 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Cav won’t finish. Would love Stannard to win. Has VanAvermert recovered from his crash?

tang
    Free Member

I think Van Av is out. I would love to see Fabs just smash it, either that or Sagan, Rowe, Standard, Van Marcke, Eddie, Stybar. In fact its just one of those races where you just have to applaud the winner. I cannot wait.

corroded
    Free Member

Can. Not. Wait. Not a fan of Cancellara so would love Sagan, Stannard/Rowe or an Etixx rider to give it a go. Or a wildcard if it’s a bit wet!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My cousin rode the sportive thing today, and is watching tomorrow.

He’s a true roadie and was bricking it about riding over cobbles. Turns out they are not that bad 😆

ferrals
    Free Member

It’s not on terrestrial tv is it? Couldn’t find anything via Google

thomthumb
    Free Member

Turns out they are not that bad

they must be smaller this year. last year they hurt my body in ways it’s never hurt before 😯

edhornby

in 2009 Gabby Logan interviewed cav and he mentioned PR twice in general conversation, but Gabby missed it – I really think it’s the one that he wants to win but he’s not talking about it because he’ll be a marked man and also it’s a dice roll to a certain extent

but I reckon Sagan, Stybar, Fabien, Stannard, TMartin, Cav, Boonen, anyone.

leffeboy

Can. Not. Wait.

that. It’s strangely compelling

LS
    Free Member

Stybar or Boom for me. Can’t wait!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I reckon Sagan will do it. Saying that though it’d be nice to see Stannard at the sharp end.

TiRed

Sagan will be marked like never before. Cav will be making up the numbers. Stannard would be my home prediction tomorrow. Stybar is also a good call.

But it is a bit of a lottery.

Marge
    Free Member

I also rode the social version of the PR yesterday. Was fantastic.
    Huge amount of foreign riders (Italians getting upset when you pass them too close when they were struggling on the cobbles)

I rode it with my Scale RC900. Seemed perfect except I needed a bigger chainring (1×11).
    I’ve never passed so many road bikes before!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m up for Mr Faboulouso’ FTW but think he’ll be too marked along with Sags. So my feeling is if, if, either VanMarcke or Stybar can break free on the bumpy stuff then either one.

Either way, it’s epic.

Also on Eurosport from 0930!! The day is devoted to P-R.

The
    Sum
    Of
    Awe

theotherjonv

I can’t sit and watch it all day, have several house jobs to do – however will be dipping in and out.

Is there anywhere with one of those TdF style time estimates (eg: average 40kmh means they’ll be here at this time, etc.) – so I can plan roughly what time tea breaks need to be?

wilburt
    Free Member

It’ll be dry and a tailwind so I put a couple of pound that was lurking in my Paddy Power account on Stybar(11/1)and VanMarcke(7/1). Sagan, Cancellera (both 3/1 favs), Boonan, would be the fairy tale stuff, not sure about Cav(200/1).

I’ll be riding myself this morning then watching it on Eurosport this afternoon.

crazy-legs

Cancellara would be the sort of fairytale ending that’d work well what with it being his final year and all but personally I’d love to see Geraint Thomas, Ian Stannard and Luke Rowe right up there in the mix.

eddie11
    Free Member

The start of arenberg was super greasy yesterday even before rain last night.I fear a crash at the arenberg today, first over could just go down Making it a lottery. Rest of the pave is dry. Mons en pevele is muddy but it’s tacky/grippy mud.

mj27
    Free Member

Have tried to explain this race and the excitement it builds up to the Mrs and it just did not register, same with football focused friends. What is it equivalent to, a city shopping trip or a home Derby..

TiRed

20 min to go… Just back from two hours of reminding myself why I don’t like TT bike riding (aching hips!)

A year ago today I had my accident… Went out for four hours after the race. Taking no chances this year 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

They vary the start times based on wind and estimated average to try hit the level crossings clear.

Riding the Sportif on an MTB? Consider point well and truly missed!

Interesting interview with Cav this week where he said he’s always wanted to race P-R but basically was too valuable, being paid too much for team managers to want to risk it.

I don’t have a favourite, there’s a few riders I’d be happy to see win, but would like to see a battle of the favourites (and no serious crashes).

Planning to watch the whole thing, firing up Eurosport now!

Theotherjonv check out inrng, and there is also a free app Roubaix Classics or similar? They hit Arenberg which is the start of the main block of cobbled sectors about 1230 IIRC?

manton69

steephill.tv for me as I don’t have any other way of seeing it. Well that was until I get volunteered to go to the MiL’s to get my son’s homework and a desk that needs fetching. Hopefully I won’t miss much.

everyone
    Free Member

Right. Going to try and get in the velodrome. I’ll report back when I’m sober(ish) and have WiFi again.

rOcKeTdOg

Fast race so far!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is this the spoiler thread?

beej

I think so.

It’s all kicking off early!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beej, hope you don’t mind, but I’ve just reported your post.

🙂

For a title change!

rOcKeTdOg

Arenburg, here we go

cloudnine
    Free Member
    beej

Cool.

I can post more then. What about that rogue elephant taking out half the bunch? Crazy stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SNAKE! SNAKE!

Also, do we think Trek riders have been adjusting their vertical compliance?

beej

Cancellara certainly looks laterally stiff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Because that’s not adjustable.

scruff9252

Are sky riding their suspension frame again this year?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘What no Roubaix '16 thread? **May Contain Spoliers**’ is closed to new replies.