• This topic has 101 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by llama.
Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • What niche/boring/random thing are you doing at work today?
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Two posts back to back that should be shown to all kids making career choices.

DezB
    Free Member

Sharpening sticks

Loved it 🙂

wallop

Construction project risk register….. zzzzzzzz

davosaurusrex

Argued with subcontractors about program and snagging all morning, 30 miles on my new (to me) Defy with a stop at Stan’s bike shack for a latte and a salted caramel brownie in the avo. I’ve had worse Mondays.

timber

Is firewood still niche?
    Delivered some of this seasons.
    Split some of next seasons.

Hedging stakes DezB?
    Market has dropped here due to a change in the farm agri’ schemes, can’t say I miss cutting thousands each winter in the pishing rain.

sargey

Riviting Ali box section to acm cladding panels, only 5.000 to go…..

DezB
    Free Member

Hedging stakes DezB?
    Market has dropped here due to a change in the farm agri’ schemes, can’t say I miss cutting thousands each winter in the pishing rain

Yeah, just doing some clearing up, can imagine it wouldnt be fun in bad weather. Still better than sat in an office (for now)

kiwijohn

Swapping a bottle of wine for a kilo of coffee beans. Got to love the barter system.

WildHunter2009

Currently attempting to setup a report template for small scale site investigations in the Perth area. After that I shall be mucking about with Borrow assessment spreadsheets trying to blend crap dirt into good dirt and still be usable for building rail embankments with. Both of these are astonishingly dull which is why i’m on Singletrack and thinking about the Defy I might buy on Saturday.

onehundredthidiot

Been nurse, housemaid, servant to missus post op.
    At work today I’ll be splitting some palettes for sustainable wood to reuse. Then burning some soil for environmental science.

Writing lists for the weekend assuming I can leave mrs100th.

bencooper
    Free Member

Building a load-carrying electric recumbent tricycle, for a gardener to carry her lawnmower and other tools. Designing a folding handlebar and stem device for a prototype folding bike. And starting on a handcranked recumbent lowracer for someone going for the world record.

A pretty average day really 😉

bazhall
    Free Member

Doing LED street lighting designs for a city in Yorkshire, which has boring, interesting, confusing and wtf elements to it

siwhite
    Free Member

I probably won’t do anything at work today.

Our shift pattern is rubbish, which means we get about 7 shifts every 5 weeks where we are spare. Utterly surplus. Nothing to do at all. It sounds great, but in reality it is mind numbingly boring and time crawls.

On the plus side, I have a reasonable internet connection, my wife is in the same building and town is five minutes walk away.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Writing an EPSRC grant proposal.

Pigface
    Free Member

Team meeting today 🙁 oh joy

yunki
    Free Member

Had a brief panic last night that I would be clambering about on rooftops, lugging slates up ladders and cutting batons for the next few days, but luckily the call didn’t come 🙂
    This means that today like yesterday, I will mostly be drinking tea, listening to music and painting a big colourful object..
    Might even squeeze in a bike ride later if my production rate is good 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Applying Lean Process to our Programme.. 😆

footflaps

Well today’s project is another insanely stupid pointless waste of time.

Our largest customer (multinational telecoms) is paying one of the Tier one consultancies to help simplify procurement. So, we have a price list with 70ish items and their ‘simplification’ to create a master price list with a single order code for every possible combination of kit….

So, taking account of how the kit goes together, I am at over 140k combinations so far.

So their simplification means that rather than giving them our standard price list with 70 line items, they will now get an excel file with over 140k line items….

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Charging my batteries in advance of tonight’s ride/slide to the pub… After a week of snow and crunchy frozen ground we are now back to slop here in central Scotland.

badnewz
    Free Member

Waiting to hear back re a job interview…it sucks.

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Preparing for a meeting in Amsterdam tomorrow, wondering wether I should change the front tyres before we go, they’re a bit borderline, maybe I’ll just switch them to the back, they’re not that borderline.

llama

Making software estimates on stuff that has already been committed to. Yes, I have gone through a timewarp to the 90s.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘What niche/boring/random thing are you doing at work today?’ is closed to new replies.