• This topic has 101 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by llama.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • What niche/boring/random thing are you doing at work today?
  • franksinatra

Me? Trying to write specification to allow us to go out to procurement to buy a washing machine to clean commodes.

Living the dream.

rOcKeTdOg

Preparing human prostate glands for dissection

willard

Dealing with the continued fallout of a bunch of Open Source vulnerabilities. Another day, another dollar/pound/euro.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Deciding on whether to take a blue or black rollerball pen to a very dull 4 hour technical workshop where I will partake in a large amount of doodling/scribbling rather than paying attention to what’s going on.

franksinatra

Pretty good chance you have won the thread before it has even got going

mark90
    Free Member

Installing and configuring System Center servers and completing the approprite qualification documentation for Pharma/FDA compliance. Which means the whole thing takes about 3 times as long as normal, is about 10 times more mind numbing and results in deforestation of large areas of rain forest due to the huge amounts of paper consumed. Who said we’re living in the digital age.

SaxonRider

Finishing an article for a special edition of a journal that was due at the publisher’s about two months ago.

So stop distracting me.

sandwicheater

Looking for a suitable sized door mat.

yunki
    Free Member

Painting this, drinking tea and listening to Mixmaster Morris

jimbobo
    Free Member

editing my first report,all 23000 words of it. contacting an nhs trust to ask them if they realise they have an eye clinic as they don’t mention it in any of their literature.

loddrik
    Free Member

Been working long hours over weekend so have just gone back to bed where I will spend most of today.

fasthaggis

Writing a report and updating Excel sheets on high risk equipment,for an audit. Reading STW and looking at bike bits.

freeagent
    Free Member

Producing technical documentation for the refrigeration plant which will be fitted to the Royal Navy’s next generation of surface ships – The T26 Global Combat ship.

franksinatra

Producing technical documentation for the refrigeration plant

Can you not just download that? When my Hotpoint fridge broke recently I just got the instructions as a PDF from interwebs

freeagent
    Free Member

Producing technical documentation for the refrigeration plant

Can you not just download that? When my Hotpoint fridge broke recently I just got the instructions as a PDF from interwebs

Not when you’re designing it in the first place!!

thenorthwind

Producing technical documentation for the refrigeration plant which will be fitted to the Royal Navy’s next generation of surface ships – The T26 Global Combat ship.

Rum’s better unchilled anyway

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Hanging around on STW all day till the board meeting starts at 4.30pm where i will present a one page report and talk for about 10 mins, having spent 2 hrs listening to my parent organisations stuff very little of which has any impact on me whatsoever. If I am really lucky I’ll get to present first and GTF, then I’ll have the other pleasure of attending the Bike Club committee meeting..

Waves at BigG and MattOAB.

rOcKeTdOg

Pretty good chance you have won the thread before it has even got going

Sadly it’s almost can everyday occurrence. I am however trying to negotiate a discount on a new frame too

GHill

Optimising one particle basis sets so that people can carry out accurate quantum mechanical calculations on rubidium.

DrJ

I’m hoping that’s on a professional, rather than personal, level?

Reign_Man
    Free Member

Writing a document on where/why to use 3650 and 3750 switches in the network of a multinational company, complete with visio diagrams and tables of various software options depending on the environment they are installed in.

perchypanther
    Free Member

They’re not still attached to the humans are they?
    That would be a proper PITA for all concerned.

jonm81

Spending today at work looking for a new job

footflaps

Sounds overly complex and expensive – surely it would be cheaper to just buy a fridge online? If you need more capacity just buy two and haggle for a bulk buy discount.

footflaps

Had it been personal, he’d have been preparing them with fava beans and a nice Chianti….

breadcrumb

Currently constructing the rear wheel arch/turret for a competition car then later I’ll be playing with carbon. Usual kind of day really.

ahwiles
    Free Member

trying to find the stated measurement uncertainty for The Alicona G4 vs G5.

then probably looking for a new job.

rOcKeTdOg

J – Member
    rOcKeTdOg spake unto the masses, saying » Preparing human prostate glands for dissection

Purely Histological

kayak23

Making a new holder for our cabinet scrapers.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Fitting a fire suppressant collar to a 4″ duct that the building inspector is being a little picky about….

jekkyl

I’ve got a security access meeting shortly, that should be fun, I’d rather be preparing prostrate glands for dissection through.

Leku
    Free Member

I’m on here just waiting to be able to use the expression “rapid unscheduled disassembly”.

I think I may put it on a tee-shirt.

You rapidly unscheduled disassemble it, you buy it?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m on here just waiting to be able to use the expression “rapid unscheduled disassembly”.

NO DISASSEMBLE NUMBER 5!

binners

tomhoward

Copying all the emails I sent to customers last week into various customer PST folders in a shared inbox (there are about 1200 folders, holding around 50gb of mails) so as my boss has access to them just in case there are any issues in the future, and I’m not in to sort it out.

It is absolutely a productive use of my (every) working day. 😕

footflaps

there are about 1200 folders, holding around 50gb of mails

You are a Spambot and I claim my £5!

kimbers

transferring a load of tumour samples from big tubes to small tubes and moving them to our new -80 freezer as well as checking it all adds up on the databse, sigggghhhhhhhh

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’m just studying Gillian Anderson’s teeth to check how far they’re going behind her top teeth when she closes her jaw

tomhoward

I wish I was footflaps. But these mails go back years. 99.9% of them have never been looked at again. But it’s how the team (just this team) has always done it. So that’s that.

freeagent
    Free Member

Sounds overly complex and expensive – surely it would be cheaper to just buy a fridge online? If you need more capacity just buy two and haggle for a bulk buy discount.

We not getting involved with the fridges and freezers – that is someone else’s job.

These are chilled water plant, which provide process cooling and service the HVAC System.

each one is the size of a shipping container!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘What niche/boring/random thing are you doing at work today?’ is closed to new replies.