Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What new tyre for road use
  • shindiggy
    Free Member

Hi people.

I have started commuting to work on my MTB and need some semi slick tyres for my 456 (can’t afford a second bike just yet).

Must be easy to change tyre (old conti’s I used to have a while a go were incredibly difficult to remove, I remove my Nobby nics by hand!!!) and they must be relatively cheap.

cheers.

fisha
    Free Member

depends on a couple of things. I understand what you say about the conti’s. My gatorskins where a nightmare to change.

Overall, I liked the bigger tyres though, and ran nokian AWS 2.0 fora good while and liked the grip they had, the funky design on the tread , but they were a bit heavy though, however easy to change.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I shall have a look at the, any other suggestion, my commute is only 5 miles each way

Swalsey
    Free Member

Specialized Nimbus – durable, £15, easy to change. Seim-slick are for dry dirt IMO, they wear thin quickly on road and puncture much easier. I’ve tried both BTW 🙂

P.S. If you need more tread, have a look at Specialized hemispheres too – my brother uses them as he does tarmac and off road (gravel, nothing extreme) to commute, seem good so far!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What new tyre for road use’ is closed to new replies.