Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What music for a misguided 15-year old?
  • geoffj

I asked my niece what she wanted for her birthday and she replied with this:

Now I’m not the coolest music fan, but that is wrong, wrong, wrong! I’m thinking of adding the original stone roses album, or something by the prodigy or the killers. What are 15 year-olds listening to?

(PS I blame her dad!)

nickc

If that’s what she wants…

sc-xc

obviously not dad rock like the killers 🙂

geoffj

If that’s what she wants…

She’ll be getting that, but I’m trying to add a bit of decent(er) stuff as well…

mboy
    Free Member

Eeeesh

When I was 15 all I listened to was stuff like The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, maybe a bit of Radiohead (when they were good) and even some Oasis (only Definitely Maybe, so when they too were good!).

Robson and Jerome? CRIKEY!

Buy her a copy of Music for the Jilted Generation by the Prodigy, a 3 litre bottle of White Lightning, and show her how 15 year olds partied 15 years ago! 😉

nickc

If she’s asking for Robson and Jerome at 15, I’d suggest it’s already too late, and another poor soul has been lost to MOR…I mean, if that’s what she wants to listen to then a bit of Prodigy is going to go down like a dose…

geoffj

obviously not dad rock like the killers 🙂

😆

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Radiohead (when they were good)

Radiohead where good???

Seriously?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Minor Threat

thomthumb
    Free Member

**** hell whats wrong with her!!

I would suggest: mgmt, fleet foxes, empire of the sun, filthy dukes is what the cool kids are listening to. (or maybe at 24 i’m well old and haven’t got a clue, wheres my pipe and slippers)

alphabeat is some proper poppy stuff but really good.

alwyn
    Free Member

New Prodigy Album Invaders Must Die. Get her into the rave scene early.

matthewjb
    Free Member

If she wants some love songs at least buy her some proper ones.

MtbCol
    Free Member

She’s got to be joking with you!
    Get her parents to do a ninka stocktake of her current music collection and report back, then choose something accoedingly appropriate for her tastes.
    God help you if they come back with stuff like Sarah Brightman and Lloyd Webber musical stuff 😆

If that happens its brainwashing time – As previously mentioned, Prodigy.
    Also try Marilyn Manson, Avenged Sevenfold, hell anything loud and shouty to snap her out of it! If that fails, you can’t go wrong with an Evanescence Nightwish or Within Temptation CD for those wannabe Goth 15 year olds.

CountZero

That is so many colours of wrong. I would suggest Fleet Foxes, School of Seven Bells, Howling Bells, Sunny Day Sets Fire, Doves, Elbow, The Stills, The Shins, Stars, Metric, Arcade Fire, The Dears, Ladyhawke, The Ting Tings…
    I’ve seen most of the above, and there are usually loads of teenagers in the audience, especially the Ting Tings.
    Which is disturbing when you’re in your fifties…

rolfharris
    Free Member

It’s a trick so she can go to her school friends “guys, look how uncool my uncle is”. You’re off to teenager pwn town.

timber

anything that isn’t from the bargain bin would be an improvement by the looks of things

Hairychested
    Free Member

Get her this:

Pure class and bound to displease the parents.

geoffj

Well I added some Kings of Leon and Arctic Monkeys.
    ** makes mental note not to ask her what she wants in future! **

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What music for a misguided 15-year old?’ is closed to new replies.