Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What multi-tool?
  • stev0
    Free Member

Im after a multi- tool for a last minute present for someone for christmas, budget of no greater than 20 + plus delivery. Theres so many out there to choose from, but im after a tool with the most usable attachments, best quality and best value for money, any ideas, links to websites will be much appreciated.
    apologies if this topic has been done before, had a quick search and didn’t bring anything similar up. cheers

cheez0
    Free Member

what multi tool

piers morgan.

Northwind

You’ll want something by Topeak. Either the Hexus, if you want a standard multitool, or the Alien if you want the extra tools for some reason, or maybe the Ratchet Rocket. But definately a Topeak, they’re not the best made but they’re the best to use. The chain tool’s better than most workshop chain breakers and the tools are good quality and full length, so easy to use.

Lezyne’s kit is better made, but sometimes really badly thought out, it’s a shame as they’re absolutely lovely. If Topeak designed a tool and Lezyne made it, nobody else could compete. Except Park, since they know people will buy any old s**t as long as it’s blue and says Park on it 😉

Pieface

I’d go for the Hexus, 17.99 in most places.

The only thing the Alien has is a load of wrenches, which add unnecessary weight IMO and the Hexus has better tyre levers.

RobHilton
    Free Member

+1 for Hexus. Includes the best chain tool I’ve yet used.

stev0
    Free Member

cheers guys had a look at the hexus, looks really well thought out, think I might have to treat myself to one as well.

Northwind

Alien can be quite useful for nichemongers, or if you regularily find yourself stopping mid-ride to build a climbing frame. (the extra tools on mine were only ever used once, to re-attach the boot lock on a mate’s car after it came loose)

I do quite fancy the Ratchet Rocket, since I’m a total nerd.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What multi-tool?’ is closed to new replies.