• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What Mudguards for a Singular Swift?
  • chomp
    Free Member

Due to a change of workplace until the end of March I’m going to be able to ride to work for a change.

As such I need to get some mudguards for the swift (with original rigid fork), does anyone have any recommendations for something that

a) is fairly easy to fit (ideally not quick release incase I have to lock it somewhere not within the confines of the place of work)
    b) keeps the crap off your legs/arse
    c) doesn’t break the bank (as I’m going to be buying new tyres/tubes as well)
    d) is quite sturdy

The actual commute is only 3 or 4 miles each way depending on which way I go, and includes a mile or so on some towpath or singletrack depending on what route I take.

rOcKeTdOg

Got a mudhugger on mine, fit & forget & lovely dry backside

Sam

Assuming you are thinking of a road going hybridish size tyre (up to 700×42) I’d say some full length SKS or similar – mudhugger or crudcatcher and the like won’t really keep stuff off your legs… Use p-clamps on the seat stays and zip ties on the bridges. A long L shaped bracket to get the front low enough over the tyre fixed with a bolt through the fork crown. Then p-clip to right fork blade and you can attach left stay to disc mount. Once you get it all set up fitting and removable should be pretty straightforward. However easy fitting/removal and theft-proofness are generally competing aims 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What Mudguards for a Singular Swift?’ is closed to new replies.