Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What MTB with a budget of £800-£1000???
  • Grupper205
    Free Member

A mate of mine has a budget of £800-£1000, and has his eye on a Genesis Core 40 (hardtail). Any other suggestions for alternatives for a similar or better spec?

big-chief-96
    Free Member

he could always build one up from second hand parts. I’d recommend an on-one frame and from there see what you can get for the cash. Mix old and new to keep to budget. I did it for about £800 and it’s turned out ace. I got the summer season

Grupper205
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion big chief, but my mate is crap on the spanners, so building a custom is out of the question. He’s also set on a new bike so he does not have to do any repairs, or replace any parts early on.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

kidoki, cube have some nice 100mm hardtails that dont seem bad for the cash, never ridden one but i wouldn’t miss the oppurtunity 😀

nicko74

Boardman – the spec is pretty impressive for the price, and they receive rave reviews. In a similar vein, Halfords now stock Voodoo, which seem to be pretty good value.

Seggons
    Free Member

I’d have a charge, purely because they’re aesthetically pleasing.

bi6al
    Free Member

was over in my mates bike shop yesterday he had saracen zen 3 bikes reduced from 1300 to 875 they have a good spec revelation forks ,syncros wheels(maxle front) , xt rear mech ,slx shifters ,deore brakes,syncros finishing kit ,gobi saddle, there a long travel hard tail with 140mm forks. also had zen 2 but never told me how much they were if your interested il pm you his number or pop over to sprockets in kilmarnock if your local, he also is a genesis dealer.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Cycle Gear (www.ukbikesdepot.com) have some deals on Genesis – 2010 iOiD for £879 – Reynolds steel, Rockshox Recon and Alfine 8 speed – low maintenance and a nice spec’ IMO.

Or if he fancies full-bounce and he’s tall I have a Feb 2010 Specialized Pitch Pro in Large for sale that’s in his budget and is in lovely, fresh, standard condition. Email in profile if you’re interested.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What MTB with a budget of £800-£1000???’ is closed to new replies.