Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What mountain bike mag- latest issue RANT
  • hora
    Free Member

How much marketing crap fell out when you opened the mag? How much stuff do you now have to rip out (Madison?)

Sick of it.

Is the padding out of advertising a replacement for decent journalism?

jedi

the one with the skills training supplement?

hora
    Free Member

Thats it. I’ve not opened/looked at that section.

timc
    Free Member

Get some perspective in your life. 😉

jedi

i avent seen it either and i got an advert in it appaerently 🙂

project
    Free Member

The one with the same adverts and same pictures ofbikes to buy every month taking up half the mag,

meehaja
    Free Member

haven’t most mountain bike mags been catalogues with occasional articles telling you to buy the products advertised in the magazine for years? DO stiff still do a four page ad in MBUK etc? Kinda why I started reading singletrack, there’s a bit less advert and a bit more content. I do love the bins they put out inmorrisons, where you can just shake your magazine before purchase and all the guff falls out!

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’s a magazine called What Mountain Bike so it’s aimed at people buying a new bike who are more likely to appreciate a load of advertising blurb. Ditto the repeated listings for all bikes available and the magazines recommendations.

If you have been riding for a few seasons you will have seen it all before and need a different magazine. I recommend Singletrack World, it’s what I subscribe to.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

timc – Member

Get some perspective in your a life.

Fixed it for you.

bassspine
    Free Member

we have it easy – have you ever bought a computer mag? 680 pages of adverts, 30 pages of articles.

hora
    Free Member

Wierdly I like reading data and facts and figures as it helps me fall asleep. Hence the mag-choice.

ampthill

I think any magazine called “What ……” is enititled to assume you are in the market for a …. and quite likely to be interested in adverts for ……..

I bought 5 or 6 What Mounatin Bikes mags while looking for a new bike. Like all review mags its not perfect, but it I found it useful.Including the repetative bit at the back

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What mountain bike mag- latest issue RANT’ is closed to new replies.