Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what mini v brakes are any good
  • firestarter
    Free Member

THe steeper on my pomp is too short to run a cantI hanger so I can’t use my cantis . I have sti levers so looks like mini vs are the solution. So what’s good and what’s not . Ta

firestarter
    Free Member

that many. 😉

tinribz
    Free Member

I’ve some Tektro Mini V’s. Can’t complain, never tried any other mini’s mind.

keithb

two thoughts:

1: Mini V’s are great, but with less mud room and tend to be a bit more spongy
    2: Fork mounted cable hanger? Available from LBS for about a fiver means you can keep the cantis… Kingfisher brand possibly?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got the Tektro type on my Tricross and to be honest, they’re much btter than the froglegg style and the medium profile cantis I tried. They set closer to the rim and do feel more spongy but they are more powerful. It’s a simple case of mechanical advantage. I did consider the Campag ones for a little while but bought a disc compatible frame instead.

Seamus
    Free Member

I’ve got Dia-compe mini Vs on my Roadrat. Work okay with Tekro drop bar V brake levers (RL 520 I think), never tried cantis to compare though. Pads are a bit cheap so I swapped for avid rim wranglers

firestarter
    Free Member

keith my fork only has a hole in the rear so i would mean attempting to drill one in the front for a fork hanger

tbh i might try this as if i wreck them i can buy new (tho not in that blue) forks with a long steerer for 35 quid

i do like my cantis tbh, interesting to hear about the vs being a bit spongy thanks all

tinribz
    Free Member

Cantis are a joke, or would be if they wern’t dangerous. Decent V’s are as good as discs 95% of the time.

Onzadog
    Free Member

spongy but effective! I certainly prefer them to cantis.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what mini v brakes are any good’ is closed to new replies.