Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What mid range Android phone with FM radio? Asking for moon on a stick it seems.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Been looking high and low for a new phone after dropping my Xperia SP down the loo. I would like something around the £200 mark that has a good FM radio just like the SP had. It seems FM radio is old hat and not commercially acceptable as poxy phone companies want more data usage so they disable the FM chip. I could find an SP on ebay of course but I’d like to find something a bit more up to date with more internal memory as the SP did struggle at times. Any recommendations?

Flaperon

Xperia Z3 Compact? Still getting Marshmallow updates from Sony and will survive dropping down the bog too. 16GB but expandable storage, I think.

The Z5 Compact is just outside your price range.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Moto x play./5.5 inch 3600 mah battery. 239 quid or so. John Lewis sells them. Has FM radio

muggomagic

Don’t the moto g have an fm radio. Also an LG G3 would fit the bill.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

My Moto G has FM, admittedly it’s 1st gen, no idea whether the current one does.

onewheelgood

If you like Xperias the M4 Aqua has an FM radio, and should survive the water too. It’s one weakness is the smallish internal memory, but it will come in comfortably under your budget.

Cougar

My HTC One M7 has an FM radio and you could probably pick one up used for buttons these days. Still a very capable handset, when my contract ran out and O2 went “what do you want?” I said “I’ll keep this one, ta.”

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Samsung S5 Neo. Great phone. Good battery life. You can only listen to the FM radio through headphones though.

plop_pants
    Free Member

StefMcDef – do you have this phone? Just want to make sure it has FM as the specs don’t mention it.

Xperia M4 Aqua looks good too, still doesn’t mention FM in the specs.

Thanks for the suggestions chaps!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a moto xplay from argos. Screen is bright and good size, battery good, charges fast, pretty much stock android. Only downsides have been the volume controls are too close to the main button and the curved back means it rocks around if you use it on surface.

onewheelgood

I’ve just checked my M4 Aqua (provided by my company) and it has FM. So has my Z3C (provided by me) and I haven’t ever used it on either of them. I’ve been really impressed with the M4, for the price, but the Z3C is as good as you’d expect given how much more it costs.

jimmy

I smashed my Xperia last week and needed to buy an emergency replacement. Got an LG Leon 4G LTE for £80 from Argos. Has the FM radio and is pretty decent, especially for the money.

thejesmonddingo

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 for about £120,great spec and deffo FM.

properbikeco
    Free Member

+1 for vodafone SU6, amazing spec for the money, can be unlocked for under £2 on that auction site

bails

Wileyfox swift for £135?

jonny-m
    Free Member

Will have a Sony m4 Aqua for sale tomorrow, only 6 weeks old, can’t get on with it going back to Apple !
    Pm me if interested email in profile

chrisdw
    Free Member

My LG G4 has an FM radio. Works really well. The rest of the phone is pretty good too. Amazing camera.

Del

Sony and will survive dropping down the bog

but won’t survive being left on a table, or in a pocket, for instance. also won’t allow you to type the letter ‘p’ without rotating the thing, and they’ve fricked about with copy/paste, so it’s not intuitive. mumble, groan.

PePPeR

Another vote for LG here, excellent phones with fm radio.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Hi Plop Pants – yes, got an S5 Neo. It deffo has an FM radio.

skids
    Free Member

Moto G 3rd gen has one also

milky1980
    Free Member

Another S5 Neo owner here, can confirm it does have FM radio. Previously had an SP (now my biking phone) and it is definitely an upgrade once you install Google Launcher rather than the bloated Samsung one.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What mid range Android phone with FM radio? Asking for moon on a stick it seems.’ is closed to new replies.