Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What map for Inshriach Forest?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

We spent sometime riding around the Inshriach Forest near Kincraig yesterday. I'd been guided around some trails there a year ago and could remember some sections. We happily met up with a group from Inverness who managed to show us some trails and 1 1/2 that we'd found that they didn't. The less said about the 1/2 the better.

The 1:50 000 OS map is pretty poor, only showing the major forestry roads. Is there a map that shows the singletrack network? There is some great natural riding up there, a great fall back if there is bad weather and high winds making riding on the tops risky.

devs
    Free Member

Bothy sell maps with some of the trails on but it's not very accurate and hard to follow. It's a good reference once you have been down the trails but they are not all on it! You need a local to show you the good stuff. We're going this weekend. I've got our last guided visit GPS'd so I hope we can don't get lost!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I have to say the guys at Bothy Bikes are a dour bunch. Maybe we caught them on an off day. We went in on Saturday morning looking for maps and advice, they seemed more interested in watching dudes on videos. When we reappeared 6 hours later still pretty high on the day's ride, they could still barely raise a hello.

Possibly an off day.

devs
    Free Member

Ha! They are very helpful but perhaps not the fastest with their help. It's like Caribbean time in there, you have to chill for a while.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What map for Inshriach Forest?’ is closed to new replies.