Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What make(s) of car would you buy?
  • KennySenior
    Free Member

Obviously inspired by the other thread, where there are many tales of woe about folks bad experiences of cars.

So what cars have served you well and you’d buy again?

weeksy

My Citroen PIcasso did me proud indeed. Drove it from 100k miles to 165k with only £200 spent on servicing/repairs over 3 years…

fords i’d buy… (and recently have) because they’re simple, cheap and effective both to buy and to repair. (usually anyway) Parts are by the truckload on Ebay in every colour possible.

I have a small dink in my boot, was debating painting it… but can buy a WHOLE boot for £40 LOL.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Citroen here too. Old XM and newer C5 have been bomb proof. Much maligned and misunderstood, which helps depreciation. Waits for C6s to depreciate to sensible money.

donsimon
    Free Member

Rude not to.

falkirk-mark

Citroen here too my last 4 cars have been citroen and have hardly cost anything in repairs, 1 zx, 1 saxo, 2 c5 (one estate)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Much maligned and misunderstood

I knew a guy called Ebeneezer Goode that was a bit like that. 🙂

I’d love if Saab went back to their former glories as I’d like to be able to buy one again one day.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thats a bit daft really as nearly all brands make at least 1 car I wouldn’t buy.

Ford is just about the only one where I would buy most of theirs, apart from a Focus which are poo (well Mk2 variant anyhow)

matt_outandabout

Would love to try a Caravelle/bike van T4 or T5; definitely a Saab; would buy a VW again having had 4 out of 5 cars I owned from VW or Seat.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Having worked for 9 different manufacturers, by far and away the most reliable was Honda, don’t care what any of the “J D Power” style surveys say – Far better than any other, by a long shot.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Subaru Legacy. Roomy, comfortable, fast and very solid. Just need to own your own oil refinery though.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Same answer as before

Hell! If it has wheels and an engine I’ll drive it!

If all I could get my hands on was one of those little tractor like lawnmowers I’d drive that!

😀

DezB
    Free Member

Saab – had 2
    Ford – had a Focus – very reliable if a little cheap feeling, getting a Mondeo next
    Honda my old Aerodeck was great

hora
    Free Member

Subaru
    and although they are fix or repair on a daily basis….Ford.

As they are common uglier than most costs but they dynamically drive so much better than Audi or VW.

prezet
    Free Member

Just bought a Skoda – bloody love it. Was a bit undecided at first, as all I remember was my geography teacher had one and it was shit. Was the typical kid joke.

But once you get past all that bullshit – they’re made from the same parts and build quality as VW/Audi and at a bargain price. What’s not to like.

And, they’re also won WhatCar manufacturer award of the year (again).

titusrider
    Free Member

Pretty much only an Alfa if i could pick one from the range that would do what i need.

they get under your skin, not convinced the guilietta hasnt lost its soul a bit in being too good/sensible but at least it will keep alfa afloat 🙂

willard

VW. I loved my old Golf, and my current Passat is pretty damn nice too.

That said, I miss my old Omega MV6 and would cheerfully buy another one if fuel wasn’t so bloody expensive.

Oh yes, I’d buy a Landy 90 if I could. And if I didn’t have to drive very far.

bamford
    Free Member

VW Golf – mk1 or mk3
    Audi – RS4 Avant
    Subaru – Forester, Impreza Wagon

Most classic cars:-
    Datsun 100A
    Toyota Celica Supra
    Mini Cooper.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What make(s) of car would you buy?’ is closed to new replies.