Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • What make of car wouldnt you buy.
  • project
    Free Member

Me its got to be a BMW, never would i pay over the top for a german car,i probably wouldnt buy a Peugot either, or a Mecedes, for the same reason as a BMW, or even a Renault.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anything the OP would buy.

project
    Free Member

bmw owner then

donsimon
    Free Member

Do BMWs have heated mirrors?

Bregante

Peugeot: dreadful dreary plastic French tat. Would nt rule anything else out.

grantway
    Free Member

Saab if i had to buy a car

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

BMW
    Fiat
    Sh!troen
    Renault

MSP

VW

BMW, merc or audi all make decent cars, probably not worth the premium over say a mondeo for a basic 3 series, but as you go up through the range thy are clearly quality cars for the very wealthy, I would have to have a lot od spare cash before splashing it on one, but I do see the point of them.

VW however are no better than the competition (in many cases actually worse), but still charge a premium for branding, only an absolute fool would buy one.

Stoner
    Free Member

Citroen
    Vauxhall

flow
    Free Member

Driven quite a few BMW’s, always underwhelmed TBH, which is a shame because I’ve always fancied one.

Peugeot for the same reasons already mentioned, same goes for Renault and Citreon.

Wouldn’t have a Fiat either, many bad experiences.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Mazda- my mazda 6 has spent the last 3 weeks in the mazda dealers and mazda uk still dont know whats wrong with. Utterly dire aftersales…dont go there

Peugeot-loved my 206gti but developed major faults after only 30k miles

Radioman

Audi, BMW. I don’t like the way they are driven…quite often very aggressively turning ordinary roads into their “motorsport arenas” maybe these cars encourage this??

iainc

just today traded in the wife’s somewhat unreliable Ford, so wouldn’t have another in a rush. before that had she a Renault which was very poor, electrics and mechanically, so not one of them.

My last car was a VW Golf and it was lovely but not the most reliable. My current car (Company) is a BMW 3 tourer and it is excellent – streets ahead of the rest on quality and comfort.

Oh, and not a badge snob in any way, as evidenced by today’s purchase of a Kia for the wife 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Honda. Jeez, anyone who drives an FRV ought to have a word with himself.

🙂

UncleFred
    Free Member

Renault. Never ever ever again will I buy another Renault.

totalshell

land rover land rover land rover and if given the chance i would never have another land rover

trail_rat
    Free Member

Would never buy a rover for a car i relied on

This includes land rovers and range rovers

Which is strange cause i like land rovers and old RRCs and would love to get my hands on an old series 1 for a sunday drive.

Bregante

Best biking car ever dd. But you wouldn’t know owt about that would you? 😉

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

lol at iainc – premium german brand for me, korean shitbox for the wife!! youve got your prioritis right. Is your wifes bike an apollo?? ;o)

This is not a dig at you it just made me smile!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

When we go car shopping, our top 2 criteria are always (and I’m deadly serious here)

Not French
    Not Grey or Silver or any colour that looks like grey or silver

After that pretty much anything goes.

rainbow
    Free Member

Vauxhall, I cant see myself ever owning one, never bought one and never have one either.

Whyte1
    Free Member

BMW’s only seem to come alive when driven a little hard .
    Alfa’s now i’d not touch one even if they are a drivers car and Fiats utter crap

5thElefant
    Free Member

Make? Dunno. Pretty much all manufacturers have something good in the range.

Nothing under 3L unless it has a turbo and probably nothing without 4wd. Probably. I’m fickle.

tazzymtb

Ford- autoeletrics by chimpanzees on PCP

Audi- overpriced tat

pugrot and anything french

American built mercs as they some how remove all the things that merc were famous for, such as build quality and reliability and replace it with nasty plastics, annoying squeaks and the mechanical robustness of a kinder surprise toy.

yes I’ve owned lots of all of the above 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

Audi. Same reason as Radioman. That and the “look at me” LED running lights

I’ve had a BMW. I’d have another. I’d have another Saab if someone else was paying the service bills.

I wouldn’t have a Vauxhall. Mrs_drummer had two, a Nova & then an Astra. No end of problems, including on the Astra an EMU that went totally insane

I’ve had three Renaults. I haven’t had a recent one, but I wouldn’t be put off.

SSang Yong. I definitely wouldn’t have one of those.

Mercedes. Unless someone else was paying the service bills.

I’d have another Alfa. Had two, great cars, shame about the dealers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh yeah – vauxhall zafira – worst car ever driven !

Gearbox was more vague than my land rover ! Clutch bite point apeared to be in the dash somewhere

It did good hand brake turns though – hire cars only redeaming feature – it really was a hatebox ! The insignia that replaced it when we went back was a nice if bland car !

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I don’t believe you can buy a truly bad car in the UK today.

Seems pretty daft to just write off a brand entirely purely on principle – especially a brand like BMW, who, whichever way you spin it, make some fantastic cars.

flow
    Free Member

Rover/MG to add to my list.

Bregante

SSang Yong. I definitely wouldn’t have one of those.

Forgot those. My parents bought one last year despite my advice; a Ssangyong Rexton. They use it for towing their caravan. 2.7 litres of gutless wobbly noise.

M6TTF
    Free Member

anything french or korean

pjm84
    Free Member

Range Rover / Audi.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m struggling to think of any French car I’d buy. Never had anything but problems with every single one I’ve ever owned/leased/loaned.

See also Fiats and Ferrari’s.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I don’t believe you can buy a truly bad car in the UK today

I use a lot of hire cars in my job and I’ve been shocked at how much tat is out there. Ford and Vauxhall both produce junk from my recent experiences and I’ve even had the odd Seat which has really disappointed, something that I was quite surprised at given their VW links.

On recent experience my next car will not have a Ford or Vauxhall badge on the front. One Focus I had on hire was so flimsy I could see the bonnet flex at motorway speeds 😯

I also hate Vauxhalls insistence on electric parking brakes, hateful things.

On the other hand I’ve always had a soft spot for Fiats. Yes, they break but there is something charming about them when they are working. Plus when they do break they are cheap to fix, unlike my current 2006 Astra 😳

project
    Free Member

seems as if bmw and peugo tare top of the liost of no cars.

iainc

lol at iainc – premium german brand for me, korean shitbox for the wife!! youve got your prioritis right. Is your wifes bike an apollo?? ;o)

This is not a dig at you it just made me smile!

LOL 🙂

yes, she said something similar !!

oh, and she has a skanky old Raleigh something, but never rides it !

grantway
    Free Member

Nissan Almeria bought brand new and was nothing but problems
    Engine failed twice

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Vauxhall – every one I’ve driven (hire and courtesy cars) has been a hideous plasticy pile of cack. Horrible.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seat.

They look so angry.

VW.

So, I dunno…aspirational.

Can’t believe how many posters are so jealous of premium (ie BMW, Audi, merc) owners. I thought we were all grown ups here.

wrecker
    Free Member

Vauxhall. The most uncomfortable cars ever. Even a short drive makes me feel 10 years older.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

wrecker – agreed, my back is a bit dodgy anyway, but while I can drive either of our two Fords for hours with no problem, after an hour or two in any of the Vauxhalls I’ve have driven I’m in pain.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘What make of car wouldnt you buy.’ is closed to new replies.