Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What "LT" 29er….
  • Kryton57

… are people riding – ie what’s good?

I’m thinking, recommend me a 29″ version of a LT hard tail….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yelli (obviously)……………awesomest eva.

Banshee Paradox,Trek Stache,Chromag Stylus,Singular Buzzard,Titus Fireline Evo,Diamondback Mason.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kona Honzo which is nice, if not a little heavy.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Trek Stache looks interesting .

benner
    Free Member

Been looking around myself, the giant revel looks cool, and pretty cheap too. The trek stache has some good reviews. I really like the revel though.

Candodavid
    Free Member

2 souls quarterhorse, just need to finish off tonight

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Where can i hire/demo a hardtail 29er? have a real urge!

+1 for the canfield yelli screamy

messiah
    Free Member

@ Candodavid that could be the frame that pulls me over to the clown-wheel side… it looks lush 😀

Kryton57

messiah – was thinking exactly the same. Need to have a look where I can get a frame / bike with 140mm fork from.

bails

As a side note, (and I’m not saying this as a 29er evangalist or anything) I don’t get the ‘clown wheel’ thing. Clown bikes have small wheels, so why do people call big wheels ‘clown wheels’?

ahwiles
    Free Member

do you really need the long forks? – they’re not cheap.

my Genesis high latitude is not unlike the ragley blue pig it replaced, but with 100mm forks instead of 140’s…

it’s got shortish chainstays, a longish front centre, and a slack-set friendly 44mm headtube. It’s really a bit of a hooligan.

no iscg tabs though, which i suspect is a statement of intent.

(ie, they didn’t just forget)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mines going to Blaenau Dh again tomorrow….quite glad of the 140mm fork :mrgreen:

messiah
    Free Member

Never mind the “clown-wheel” jibes… since I’ve started searching for info on 29er’s the Match.com advert at the side has changed from pictures of women to blokes… what is this trying to tell me?… read into that what you will 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Never mind the “clown-wheel” jibes… since I’ve started searching for info on 29er’s the Match.com advert at the side has changed from pictures of women to blokes… what is this trying to tell me?… read into that what you will

I dunno, I just get a load of trout pouts from zoosk in mine.

ska-49
    Free Member

I may be selling my Yelli screamy medium frame.. Email in profile.

messiah
    Free Member

I dunno, I just get a load of trout pouts from zoosk in mine.

Ah, maybe it was zoosk… but it switched gender.

scottalej
    Free Member

I ride a 2010 Gary Fisher Paragon with a 120mm Reba fork (80mm as standard) and 70mm stem. Light, responsive and brilliant fun. Haven’t broken it yet and I’m about 200lbs kitted up riding technical trails. Would like to try the Trek Stache to see how it compares.

kazafaza
    Free Member

+1 for Banshee Paradox, had it with 120mm zocchi’s, was told it’d take 140mm no probs! Superb, chuckable bike, didn’t felt like riding on wagon wheels at all…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Finished it at last, need to find some time to ride it now, and the saddle is a little bit low on the nose but that’s only a minor issue

stevious

Candodavid – for some reason the rear wheel in your photo looks the wrong shape. I can’t take my eyes off it.

Looks like a fun bike other than that though.

heihei

Ska-49

Can’t see your email but would be interested in the Yelli if selling…..

Deveron53
    Free Member

I dont suppose there is a 120-140mm 29er ht eligible for c2w?

orangesoul
    Free Member

Candodavid – don’t suppose you could give me some idea how much that 2 Souls frame was? Looks awesome.

Mbnut
    Free Member

They are a German boutique brand… type it into Google.

Very short cs and looks like it maybe the answer to my ‘what 29er will ride like my Sov’ question without going custom.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Rode it for 1st time today on Q’s, fantastic trail bike, amazing grin factor on the downs, can’t wait till the next ride and really looking forward to going to Spain with it next year.
    Not cheap at £875 inc headset and bb, worth it though for me, rides incredibly light too.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What "LT" 29er….’ is closed to new replies.