Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what long and low xc short travel full susser?
  • ned.c
    Free Member

So after 4 days in wales on my scandal I’m thinking my next bike might be full suss. I mainly ride xc and as fast as I can, but I don’t race. I’m 5’11” and 31″ leg which means I often seem to struggle for standover height (I ride a 16″ scandal which is very low but possibly a fraction too short for me).

I went to the local giant store having read lots of good things about the anthem but I’m not sure the 18″ (that I need for length in top tube) has enough standover for me.
    Also went to Evans and liked the size of the lapierre x-control frame but it doesn’t seem to get such good writeups as the giant. I didn’t have the opportunity to ride either.

I want something relatively as cheap as poss but with a good light frame that I can upgrade (I have spares and can fit xt 9 speed drivetrain if something is low spec’d for example)

I’ve sort of listed spez camber & epic, trek top fuel, scott spark, cannondale rz120 but haven’t found my local stockists of them yet to go take a look. Budget is as close to 1k a poss but up to 2k if 0% finance and the right machine.

What else should I be looking at? Don’t mind taking last years model to save money but ideally 0% finance would help me to spend more..

cheers,

Andrew.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

What about the Turner Flux on offer from Merlin Cycles? Size L in stock but look to have really good stand over clearance….

sefton
    Free Member

flux 😉

mines 25 1/2lb

ned.c
    Free Member

checked Merlin for the turner and they’re showing out of stock?

Wally

I’m 5’11” with a 31 inside leg and 18″ Anthem x. I run a 410mm layback thomson quite high, 90 stem. Loads of standover. IMO Jan/Feb is the best time to buy last year at a huge discount. Not spring time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what long and low xc short travel full susser?’ is closed to new replies.