Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What log splitter?
  • alibongo001

A neighbour has had a large tree felled and given me the wood.

I’ve always used a maul or bomb thing to my wood up, but am thinking of getting one of those hydraulic splitters

There seems to be a lot of choice electric or hand / foot operated and vertical or horizontal

Does anyone have any experience of different types or a specific model to look out for?

nedrapier

A neighbour has had a large tree felled and given me the wood.

It’s fun seeing a tree come down and nice to get the extra light, but…

nedrapier

some thoughts here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/small-hydraulic-wood-splitters

I didn’t get one. Your wood may vary!

Davesport

I have a 7 ton Titan splitter. Good tool that removes the physical effort of wielding a maul. 7 tons isn’t a whole lot of force and it is possible to defeat this thing with wood that’s knotty or full of clefts. However for what I paid for this thing I can recommend it. The stand cost a wee bit extra and brings it up to waist height. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What he said, I have the same one, a bungee around large logs allows you to split much quicker with less bending down.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

The OP, tomorrow

chrisdw
    Free Member

Ive used one of these before

It was brilliant split about 3 m3 worth of logs in about hour and a half.

It got stuck once when i tried to split a really twisted piece of wood full of knots. But other than that. Was great. I only borrowed it. But was a great help.

alibongo001

Will see if I can live up to the pictures above.

Cheers all. Titan for the win!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What log splitter?’ is closed to new replies.