Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What lights for commuting?
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’m looking for a new front, and maybe a couple of rear lights for commuting before it gets too dark.
    I currently run with my 1st gen joystick on my head and a cheap rechargeable rear light which is fine for summer, but looking for something a bit more visible for the winter coming up.
    I have roughly 1 hour to work and the same back.

Would prefer it if they were rechargeable, but not looking to spend to much, as I’m sure the water will get too them eventually.

What would you recommend?

Many thanks in advance.

ianbradbury

Busch and Mueller Ixon IQ premium front, Sigma Stereo or Mono rear for dark commutes, Exposure Tracer rear if you want daylight visibility.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Front lights designed to meet German standards have a shaped beam that puts light where you need it and don’t dazzle ongoing cyclists and drivers.

easiest to find on German sites.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Electronics/Front-Lights-Battery/

even cheap rears are very visible now. On the back still worth considering something that takes AA or AAA rechargables – if you’re only having to replace the battery every 10 weeks it’s not much hassle. Planet X always have very very cheap effective rears

tjagain

Or if you can find the cheapo lidl rechargeable ones – German beam pattern, cheap, they just work

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Exposure for the front and a Moon Nebula at the rear. Cheap they are not, but cheap lights just fail IME so are not a good idea practically or financially.

They last, work well and are easy to recharge.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

cheapo lidl rechargeable one

Will keep an eye out for those – good idea. Main issue with cheap lights is usually the brackets. Rears switching to silicon bands sorted that out a bit but front holding their position is important.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Lenz usb rechargeable for me. No cables required, shraight into usb port

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What lights for commuting?’ is closed to new replies.