Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What lights are people using these days?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

What lights are people using these days? The lumens seem to have gone through the roof and I actually like riding in the dark and not feeling like a supernova.

My bust exposure enduro (3 led) is 3+ years old so I’m not sure how that would compare to the newer lights. I only ever rode it on the middle setting anyway so thinking I might be better with a two led offering (like the race) coupled with a smaller helmet mounted one.

clubber
    Free Member

One of these though it was from DX. Plenty of power

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/products/Magicshine-bike-light-set-MJ-808LSET

matthew_h
    Free Member

Light and Motion Seca 900. Best beam pattern I’ve used and race mode is absolutely perfect and does away with all of the complicated crap of other lights

lostboysaint
    Free Member

Four4ths Genesis on the bars and an Exposure Joystick on the lid. Still haven’t found a better combination for power, pattern, battery life and user friendliness.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

MaXx D on the Bars
    Joystick on my Helmet.
    Red Eye on the rear.

Spotty dog IMHO.

Beagleboy

Lumicycle 12w/24w spot and flood combo. Worked brilliantly when I got the setup nearly 10yrs ago, and still works brilliantly now. The nights haven’t got any darker as far as I can tell. 😉

B.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

– Lumicycle XPG on the bars
    – Ultrafire V6 torch on the helmet
    – cheapo old cateye on the rear

Laggingbehind
    Free Member

Four4th Genesis on the bars, Hope 4 on the helmet

almightydutch
    Free Member

LEDgend Lights Quad version.
    I know the bloke who makes em and he lives down the road. Cannot fault the customer support

scottfitz
    Free Member

My bust exposure enduro (3 led)

“The Exposure LEDs are covered by our lifetime warranty, in accordance to proper use.”

They might be able to fix your old one if you liked it!

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

i have what now seem quite underpowered ay-ups from a couple years ago (but they stay on forever) and a £15 cree xml etc torch from ebay which i use as a boost when going down things.
    Both on the bars at the moment.

z1ppy

Smudge XML & Trout Mini

Though if buying now I’d be considering, not just to get the brightest possible but to get the best value for my money.
    MJ-872, Inton Dual XML or Fluxient triple XML

Lots of info to compare stuff with

rewski
    Free Member

Lupine Telsa 5 – 3 years old now, great quality light though
    £20 cree XML ebay for helmet
    Exposure flash/flare for commute

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Hope R4. Got it in a very cheap deal with 2 batteries. Bought it because it comes with a head strap so I can use it for climbing too.

No complaints. Have yet to use the second battery.

Taff
    Free Member

Got a DX XML light and an ultrafire torch at the moment. Want two DX style ones but want reliability so buying a smudge light. He has some new cans on their way so waiting for those to be released.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Only lights costing over £100 are up to the job of proper off-road night riding. Trail illumination costs money. 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

Only lights costing over £100 are up to the job of proper off-road night riding. Trail illumination costs money.

ST Fact!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What lights are people using these days?’ is closed to new replies.