Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What lightish but not silly money 10spd cassette
  • treksuperfly
    Free Member

Have been looking for a new cassette but the light ones are silly money making XTR almost look good value for money so the question is are the light SRAM ones extra long lasting to go with the price or are you just paying for the low weight , if not what is the realistic balance for non millionaires ?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Praxxis

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeah, the Praxxis ones can come with 40 or 42 teeth gear as standard if you like too. No idea if they’re light though compared to XT or whatever your target weight is.

EDIT –
    XT 11-34 = 323g
    Prax 11-42 and £40 is 448g while £63 version is 387g

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The praxis 11-40 is 322g. The 11-36 xt is about 340g

unovolo
    Free Member

Irrespective of weight the Praxis cassettes are more like £89, not £40-63 as Rickos stated ,think he has confused them with the Sunrace cassettes.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Are you looking for ultra light weight weenie, or just not something not too heavy compared to, say a bottom end full steel block cassette?

XT cassette to me is perfectly fine weight, alloy spider, and peanuts price. Around £30.

Unless I was on a super ultra light carbon rig and worrying about every gram I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the XT and something lighter, other than it’ll probably wear down quicker and cost a lot more.

wilburt
    Free Member

I bought a couple of those ultra light SRAM cassettes but ended up feeling it was a mistake, a few grams for a lot of money and then you wear em out and throw them away.

tillydog
    Free Member

This was interesting (skip to 4:50 for the weigh-in):

[video]https://youtu.be/BCdX92sXF-4?t=289[/video]

psycorp
    Free Member

XT has always been my default choice for a cassette. Have tried Sram and been disappointed as they haven’t lasted.

Rickos
    Free Member

Irrespective of weight the Praxis cassettes are more like £89, not £40-63 as Rickos stated ,think he has confused them with the Sunrace cassettes.

D’oh! 😳

Yes, I seemed to be looking at Sunrace, not Praxis.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What lightish but not silly money 10spd cassette’ is closed to new replies.