Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what light but strong wheels ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a pair of Roval traversee wheels, and a set of Hope SPAM4’s Flows on SP hubs, thinking of selling both and getting one in-between set of wheels.
    Looking for something light, the Rovals come in at 1600g a pair, but wide enough to run 2.35 tyers… whats out there ?

thanks for help.

simonm
    Free Member

What about Crest Rims ?

damo2576
    Free Member

dunno but have been wondering the same question

njee20
    Free Member

Budget?

DT 240s on Crests?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Even though they’re Crank Bros, and there’s reasons to dislike as a shop owner, mine have been perfect. Super true, never faltered and no kidding, they feel “different” on the bike!

They cost a bomb and they ain’t everyone’s cup of tea.

mboy
    Free Member

Would say crest’s for sure…

Have had good experience so far with 2.3’s on 355’s, crests are supposedly 2mm wider so should be all good!

Hubs of your choice, DT super comp spokes, job’s a goodun!

Northwind

Is there anything actually wrong with your Traversees? Doesn’t seem like changing to something with Crests is going to be massively different to me, the Traversee rim is basically Specialized’s Stans rim ripoff after all. I’m not sure where mine compares strengthwise with a Crest though.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Si,

I’m selling my red wheels. Industry Nine hubs on custom red Flow rims. Just had a full set of new bearings and come with rimstrips and a choice of rear axle. Let me know if you’re interested

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

American Classic hubs appear to be the lightest right now (in the reasonable price bracket). With Crest rims and non flexy spokes (ie not them Super light Sapims or DT revolution), will get you sub 1500gms for £500 in the AM wheel area.

But, what Northwind says, what’s wrong with your Traverse wheels. You’re not going to save that much weight unless you go all flexy wheels with super light spokes n rims and even then, maybe 200gms saving over the traverse.

If you’re prepared to take a chance with super light stuff , I know you’re not a big or heavy bloke, look at AC hubs, Sapim/DT revolution spokes, stans Apline/Crest rims. The lightest combo will be approx 1300gms and around £500.

simonm
    Free Member

Thanks Matt but not sure about the Red colour.

Whats in the Mavic Stable ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what light but strong wheels ?’ is closed to new replies.