Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What leg wear??
  • dubber71
    Free Member

What do you wear on your legs to keep warm when wearing shorts?
    I don’t want to wear anything too thick but just to take the chill off
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

1-shed
    Free Member

Don’t quite understand your question, but if I am wearing lycra shorts I wear decathlon walking trousers over them very stretchy and not too baggy £30 or if I’m wearing 3/4 bibs I wear baggy MTB shorts over. Socks at this time of varying lengths of merino ones. Having said all that hands, feet and body are more considered because my legs don’t get that cold. Cheers 1 shed.

cookeaa

Tights, knee or leg warmers?

Keva
    Free Member

bib shorts and 3/4 length baggies, Skins calf compression tights at the moment If it’s really cold and not raining I’d wear my Ground Effect trousers over the bib shorts. They might be pricey @£80 but I bought mine in in 2009 I think, wear them everyday for commuting and they’re not showing the slightest bit of wear. best bit of winter kit ever bought. If it’s cold and wet then it’s the Nike thermal tights to put over the bib shorts.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skins-Compression-Unisex-Tights-Stirrup/dp/B0083HEJUY/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1456663653&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=skinz+calf+compression

Ranchsliders

bigblackshed

Just baggies over bib shorts.

I did put some knee warmers on a couple of weeks ago, it was -1, but 10 miles in I was boiling, stopped to take them off, but put them back on at the pie shop.

I run very hot so I ride in very few layers, I carry more for when I stop for long periods or if the worst happens.

OR

Rule 5 / MTFU Princess.

😉

RustySpanner

Hair.
    🙂

Just about to bob out for an hour.
    Warm enough for shorts today up here.
    S’lovely.

Bib longs for the last few months though.

richardkennerley

Knee length socks and knee pads

RustySpanner

Sun’s gone.
    It’s actually bloody freezing.

Longs.
    😐

deadkenny
    Free Member

Unless it’s sub zero, just shorts.

Though knee pads and mid calf socks reduces the exposure area 😉 . I don’t pad up for night rides though which are a little more xc, and colder!

I don’t tend to feel chilled on the legs anyway. Arms are another matter.

prawny

Knee pads on the mtb, tights on the roadie.

Northwind

Knee pads. And in winter, usually waterproof socks that come most of the way up. So I talk a good fight about “Being out in the snow in shorts” but I’ve got about 4 square inches of exposed skin 😆

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Endura thermo leg warmers and arm warmers with shorts and Gilet all through winter (including rain).

benp1

I very rarely wear bibs on the MTB, harder to go to the toilet (I only really cycle to work on my gravel bike)

Knee warmers, knee pads or long lycra bottoms (without the bib), mainly the latter

Easy to then take it off and have mud free legs

ferrals
    Free Member

typically I only wear shorts when I’m wearing my kneepads (not euro enough to manage the lycra and kneepad look) so the kne pads keep me warm. Otherwise just wear bib-tights.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What leg wear??’ is closed to new replies.