Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What laptop or netbook for =
  • redthunder
    Free Member

It's a mine field out there 🙁

Not really up on laptops as such.

Just needs interweb, resonable graphic qualities and open office friendly.

Any super deals out there or recommendations?

TheDBF
    Free Member

Just bought a L350 Toshiba from Tesco's £430, 250 HD 3gb Ram and I'm like you, don't really know to much about them all and my use is the same as yours, it's a cracker 8)

vrapan
    Free Member

What's your budget and what do you mean by reasonable graphic qualities?

Pieface

iPad

footflaps

well the iPad would fail on Open Office friendly for a start. IWorks at $9.99 per app….

redthunder
    Free Member

Opps, budget £400.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Will it mainly be used at home or will you also be travelling with it i.e. is size and weight an issue?

white101

I bought a acer 5738 recently from PC Wurld for 400, its really good ( I'm comparing to my work laptop which is a IBM thunkpad)

parkesie
    Free Member

samsung nc10 or the newer nc 110 net book brill. Portable more than pwerfull enough for everyday use and has a huge battery life for when your out and about.

parkesie
    Free Member

Oh and theyre in the rgion of £300

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've got a Samsung NC10 and my daughter has an N110 and they're both excellent if portability is required.

If you're not taking it out and about then £400 gets you a very decent 15.4" laptop – something like a Dell Inspiron for example.

vrapan
    Free Member

Samsung X120

Faster than most netbooks, comes with Win 7, 3GB of memory and 250GB of HD. With 11.6" screen yet very very portable. A lot more capable than your average netbook and only slightly bigger/heavier.

I have to admit that I find netbooks horribly underpowered and 10" a bit small for an everyday laptop. I know an extra 1.6" does not sounds like much but trust me the difference is quite substantial.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I'm one one of these now
    Acer Aspire one £230

I'm really please with it personnaly, ticked the boxes what for what I wanted anyway

joolsburger
    Free Member
    Pieface

Hate to rain on peoples parades, but from experience the Acer's batteries aren't up to much.

Pieface
    samuri
    Free Member

Hate to rain on peoples parades, but from experience the Acer's batteries aren't up to much.

I'd agree. I've just got an acer one and the battery struggles to give more than 2.5 hours. Still, for 140 quid, musn't grumble.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What laptop or netbook for =’ is closed to new replies.