Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What kneepads?
  • Blurboy
    Free Member

Got some 661 D3o's for light work but they are falling to pieces. Also got some Brand X-X for the rocky stuff but these are getting old and smelly so what to buy? Ideally light and cool enough to wear all the time and protect knees and shins. Tried Fox Launch but S/M too long for me. Anyone using the short ones? Getting bored ordering and returning because of poor fit. LBS very little choice. Help.

AdsUK

Definately get 661 Kyle Straits. Just rode a season in the alps with them, perfect! Good for trail centres too, not intrusive at all.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

As above!

SirHC

Troylee TBones get my vote

jam-bo

Tbones are great for DH but too stiff for all day riding.

POC are ace but pricey…

bigdonx
    Free Member

I've had a pair of Kyle Straights for 3 or 4 years and they are still going strong.

Very unobtrusive – can be worn all day, and easy to maintain – stick them in the washing machine, and most importantly have saved my knees on numerous occasions!

What's not to like?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Definately get 661 Kyle Straits

+1

jam-bo

What's not to like?

the flimsy bit of plastic on the knee that offers **** all protection from anything more than a graze…

flyingmonkeycorps

I like my Kyle Straits, but try them on first. They clearly don't offer as much protection as full on DH pads, but then again my riding isn't rad or gnar enough to need that!

Blurboy
    Free Member

Cheers guys – trying to find a LBS with some in stock so I can try. Did try some Race face D3o pads and although these seemed to be better quality than 661 I found these very bulbous and not compatible with my calves which are equally bulbous!. Have stitched up the old 661 d3o's yet again in the mean time.

Has anyone tried the Fox Launch short pads? I cant find these at any LBS either

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What kneepads?’ is closed to new replies.