Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What kind of mudguard have you got on your rigid fork?
  • jonba
    Free Member

For off road use.

My bender fender won’t work, and since starting to use it I’ve realised how ineffective down tube crud guards are at keeping mud out of your face.

So what do you use or more importantly what have you bodged.

I was thinking of a neoprene guard copy with a tube but mounted between the legs rather than the crown and leg braces.

Pics if possible.

Thanks,

epicyclo

You did ask 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

not quite what I had in mind but
    😀

Northwind

Engine’s fallen off your bike there…

SKS Shockboard is the daddy of front mudguards really. The mounting isn’t so good- they can rattle a bit and can crack easily- so a couple of cable ties sorts them out. Excellent protection though and not too ugly either.

jameso

IMAG1100 by james-o, on Flickr

Trimmed-down rear Cycraguard. Not sure if that helps, but it works so much better than a DT mounted guard. Maybe with a stiffening piece and a sturdy steerer-tube plug (i/o my bottle cork and wood screw) it’d work on a normal rigid fork?

That Pugsley is barking mad, in a brilliant way )

druidh
    Free Member

SKS Shockboard on Pace RC31s

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have had a shockboard type on and a innertube type one – both work

matt_outandabout

Love the Surly!

avdave2

Inner tube neo guard copy and crud catcher for me. I did try the moto cross style fenders but found on rigid forks they really bounce around a lot so that every so often it would flick up large lumps of mud that had landed on top of it and then I’d get those straight in the face.

Bez

A normal THE fender.

Northwind

avdave2 – Member

Inner tube neo guard copy

How does that work on rigids?

avdave2

How does that work on rigids?

Just rap a length of inner tube horizontally tightly around the stansions and super glue the overlap.

Northwind

Ah, I see! Nice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What kind of mudguard have you got on your rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.