Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What kind of blithering idiot….
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

…decides that ****ing slate is a good thing to use for pavement materials in the soaking wet city that is Edinburgh? Slate + traffic fumes + rain = ****ing icerink. Son could hardly stand on the stuff never mind walk – and he managed to take me down with him at one point and my knees are very ****ing sore. Is it the same person that thinks the cost of the trams doubling from £500m to £1bn is a minor glitch? Is it the same person that is in charge of the organisation that applies for and gains £1.4m to refurbish a gaelic medium school then discovers that the place has been vandalised and will cost more than that to repair? Edinburgh shitty council – get your ****ing act together.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

slate? where?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Lothian road. Looks like slate anyway.

Liftman

7/10 rant, needs more random capitals and less punctuation, good effort 😉

HermanShake
    Free Member

You really slated the council there.

donsimon
    Free Member

Creating a need for the newly privatised NHS?

RealMan
    Free Member

wwaswas

Spotted his quarry and let rip.

Marbleous.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha! Scots in ‘can’t do a simple job right’ shocker!

What? Scottish Parliament seventy nine thousand times over budget and still crap and shoddily built so shut up.

project
    Free Member

and they want there own government, more like a big dose of common sence and a huge bank loan, and wasnt it the scotch banks that helped screw the english ones in to massive debt and had to get bailed out .

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A blithering idiot who blithers a lot I guess 💡

Although I would phone the council to double check.

yossarian
    Free Member

Yeah **** you Scotland.

poly
    Free Member

I’m guessing it is not slate – but Caithness Granite – we’ve had the whole High St re-done in it out here in Lithgae and it looks slippier than it actually is to be honest, even in the icy weather it was better that I expected. IIRC there is a similar finish near the Usher Hall. Its probably safer overall than tarmac with tree roots, potholes and poor utility repairs giving an uneven surface.

trailmonkey

it’s probably our fault

geoffj

slate? where?

Slateford?
    (yeah, the black one with the hood)

geoffj

Caithness Granite

Caithness flag is what is usually used. The rivened surface usually offers some grip even in the wet.

geoffj

What? Scottish Parliament seventy nine thousand times over budget and still crap and shoddily built so shut up.

Get with the times Fred FFS 😉

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/comment/Edinburgh39s-disgrace-II-Tram-fiasco.6783582.jp

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What kind of blithering idiot….’ is closed to new replies.