Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Jockey Wheels?
  • Kahurangi

The jockey wheels on my SLX mech have gone from new to ninja star pointy to rounded off pretty quickly. The lower pulley has also really worn in, it runs well off centre, it's so worn.

I'd rather get something with bearings that's not going to suffer so much (double chainset, long cage mech, so the tension is a *little* higher than on my old triple), and longer lasting material so long as it's not detrimental to the chain.

I think that Shimano have a patent on the guide pulley having lateral float or something…. but does that make a difference?

Cheers

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I have BBB ones (i think) on mine, they're ok.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

TACX, you can get them for about £10 & they last for yonks.

Kahurangi

Ta, I was hovering over some Tacx bearing ones for a tenner one ebay. That's cheaper than the SLX or XT ones that are sold out everywhere 🙄

brakeswithface

I've just pulled some BBBs out after the lower one totally seized a whole 2 months into use. That was one of the cheaper ones, maybe the ceramics are more reliable?

snowpaul
    Free Member

tacx user here = great stuff

paul

andrewh
    Free Member

Tried KCNC stuff but it didn't last. Sent it back and the shop replaced with the ceramic ones. They were worse. Gone back to XTR again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Jockey Wheels?’ is closed to new replies.