Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What jerseys/t-shirts/tops do people wear for riding?
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

Looking for something that doesn’t soak up all the sweat as easy as a normal t-shirt.
    What do you wear?

Edric64
    Free Member

A wicking base layer and a cycling jersey over the top

yunki
    Free Member

ebay second hand cycling jerseys

Sui
    Free Member

Icebreaker merino T.. loves it I do.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Usually a helly hansen Lifa or Crane sports compression top

jekkyl

Same as edric plus a sports type jumper if it’s cold.

jamiep
    Free Member

Serious answer as of a couple of months ago – Rapha. Merino blend that wicks well and regulates heat well

LMT
    Free Member

Ive got 2 merino wool tops, one a cheaper DHB from wiggle and it does the job, the other a rapha one, much prefer the rapha but both do the same job. The rapha fits better so its the first one i go for.

Rapha long sleeve merino and then a mtb jersey over the top, if its colder layer up with an enduro jacket.

sam_underhill

Really liking whackjob bamboo jerseys these days. Comfortable, look great and not stinky like man made fibres.

ross980
    Free Member

One-On Merino long sleeve cycling top. Actually prefer it to my Icebreaker one, mainly because it’s not as skin tight and has a longer zip in case it gets a bit warm.

vondally
    Free Member

[quote]Looking for something that doesn’t soak up all the sweat as easy as a normal t-shirt.
    What do you wear?[/quote]

for me as a heavy sweater not merino wool as a base layer, turn into a wet wool sop, synthetic all the way, do a search some threads but for me

aldi crane ones
    decathlon
    Canterbury
    helly Hansen

jruk
    Free Member

I just use a cheapo Karrimor running top from Sports Direct. The long sleeve ones have thumb loops which are pretty handy when it’s proper cold. They’re cheap enough to throw away when they get really stinky.

chiefgrooveguru

Helly Hansen or similar synthetic wicking base layers. Cotton is horrible for riding in and I’m not convinced by merino having tried it and ending up damp and sweaty.

fasthaggis

Right now,the most embarrasing collection of my old summer stuff from years gone by ,with a sprinkle of Aldi.
    It all still works ,but I am glad that I can’t be seen most nights.
    Wicking undershirt,cycling jersey(long sleeved)and gilet.
    Was a bit nippy up here today ,so it was full winter tights over bibs and the jacket was on instead of the gilet.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Trail 42 Bamboo tech Tshirt , great fit, wicks well and looks great

http://www.trail42.co.uk/products/mens-classic-tech-t

sharkbait
    Free Member

North face polypro(pylene) base layer which is brilliant – warm, thin and always dry. Gore Phantom jacket on top or endura stealth if it’s wet and cold.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just a normal t-shirt under a paramo jacket. I have mild hyperhydrosis which means I sweat mostly out of my head, so a sweaty torso has never been an issue.

Kahurangi

Current fave: Macpac poly t-shirt.
    http://www.macpac.co.nz/mens/shirts-tees/quick-drying-tshirt-m.html

Colours, not too thick, doesn’t get soggy with sweat unlike merino or cotton, doesn’t snag like merino. Sleeves aren’t super short (but not quite long enough to suit elbow pads). Picked one up for about $30 (15 GBP) in a mapcpac clearance.

Nick

I’ve been wearing either a Helly Hansen short sleeved baselayer under an Endura MT500 baselayer, or a Rab long sleeve baselayer under the same for about the last 5 years. None of the have worn out (but have the odd pull or hole now).

jonba
    Free Member

Xc/road jerseys – normally whatever was on sale.

Tenn, cycle-clothing, dhb, decathlon etc. Have a couple of nice ones too for racing and on the road but wear the older ones off road.

shortcut

To go back to the original poster maybe looking at some cycling kit would be a good place to start.

For me either a Specialized vest or a Endura BaaBaa Merino LS Vest under a cycle jersey or appropriate thickness and sleeve length for the weather. Recently moved into thermo jerseys from Gore (Power Thermo) or Endura MT500 jersey. Will be going onto Softshells either Endura or Gore when it gets proper cold.

_tom_
    Free Member

Berghaus tech t. Reasonably priced, long lasting and drys out quickly. I don’t really like mtb clothes, the sizes seem to all to catered towards the middle aged spread so they’re all way too big.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The main point to take from this is: I’m the only moron drenching a normal t-shirt in sweat and then getting cold as soon as I stop riding.

maccruiskeen

The main point to take from this is: I’m the only moron drenching a normal t-shirt in sweat and then getting cold as soon as I stop riding.

True, but you’re not the only dafty. I hope people realise that ‘Bamboo’ is just a way of paying five times the price for common or garden Rayon (and made using the the same process used to produce cellophane). Its very much a man-made fibre and a staple of ladies wear since the 1930s. Its main use is as a cheap substitute/filler for cotton.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What jerseys/t-shirts/tops do people wear for riding?’ is closed to new replies.