Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What is this worth? (Hardrock + Bombers + Juicy 7s)
  • alexdodd
    Free Member

I’m well aware it’s not much! But it’s lying around and I was about to just throw it on ebay and see what happens. But a friend offered to buy it off me if I give him a price. Neither of us have any idea what fair is, and tbh in the interest of not ripping him off I thought I’d ask STW! I can rest assured you won’t be over pricing it! 😉

So essentially its an ’05 Spec Hardrock XC with 07 Marzocchi MX Pro ETA Bombers. There are Truv cranks & BB, Orbit headset and 8/9sp front mech, but literally they are of no worth. It’s possible I might throw in some Juicy 7’s (of unknown age ~’07 likely).

He wants to start chumming me to glentress, and wants something cheap to begin, as much as i’d love to give him this for free I can’t really afford it (we’re not all IT managers are we?). So either I point him to something decent second hand and sell this myself separately, or I sell him this and source the rest cheap as chips until he has a working hard tail beast…

What should I charge him? Given he’s actually happy to pay anything because he really has no idea, but I really don’t like the idea of ripping him off and I want him to come riding with me and he’s obviously doing me a favour with regard to postage etc… yet that’s probably negated by me building a bike with him!

Cheers 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How long has it been lying round?

Is it a complete bike or just part?

I’m guessing 100 max really

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it all works OK and the drivetrain isn’t knackered, £100 is too low. Hardrocks are good bikes. Just selling it as parts the forks and brakes would get £100 on their own fairly easily (in good nick) so I reckon £150-£200 for a full bike in good working order. 🙂
    As a first decent MTB that would be absolutely perfect, too

PiknMix
    Free Member

I would pay about £150-£170 for it. Great starter bike.

Wookster

Yeah I’d go £150 ish 200 at a push?

Bazz

Before i read anyone elses estimates i put it at £150, you can always offer a years free servicing into the deal 😆

alexdodd
    Free Member

£150 sounds about right to me 🙂 that was my point to him send a decent little starter bike really, once built up…

Everything ” works” drive train is old and beaten but working! I was actually using it up until a year and half ago!

Cheers fellas 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What is this worth? (Hardrock + Bombers + Juicy 7s)’ is closed to new replies.