Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What is this sort of bolt called
  • Flippinkipper
    Free Member

Lost the bolt from the rear of a Formula RC Tune brake (RX OEM), and Silerfish say the bolt is only available as part of a lever kit – but just wondered if anyone knows if this is just an off the shelf bolt?

Bolt link

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The one with the blue threadlock on it?

Its a shoulder bolt. Might be a custom part with those dimensions. What size is the hole on the lever, and the thread that is goes into?

Flippinkipper
    Free Member

Thanks for the bolt type. The diameter of the bolt is c.9mm (only have a ruler to hand) and the length of the bolt when screwed into the female part is c.20mm.

Unfortunately, I cant remove the bolt from the front right now as I only have one 4mm allen key to hand and both the bolt and nut need 4mm keys to stop them spinning.

bigblackshed

That will be a custom made made part for Formula.

I’m sure with enough time and patience that some could make something that would work, it won’t come cheap though. Best bet would be evilBay for broken parts or quicker and as cheap would be to buy the correct part. Someone on here may have one in their spares box?

Not what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

wwaswas

what bbs said.

chances of getting the same bolt new for less than crc are selling the lever and bolt for are pretty slim.

You might get a broken brake with intact bolt from a wtd ad, though.

Flippinkipper
    Free Member

Not to worry, Just wanted to check it was not the sort of bolt you can buy for 50p rather than spending £20.

Thanks for all the help, will have a quick check for broken brakes and if none are available buy the lever.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What is this sort of bolt called’ is closed to new replies.