Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • What is the UK coming to (rant content)
  • rob2
    Free Member

Last night a couple of kids took a hammer to our car and smashed the front and rear windscreens.

Great, thanks chaps.

Better than that a taxi driver saw it but didn’t even bother to phone the police about it.

What is the UK coming to?

aleigh
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to my neighbours……….somebody stood on a wall in front of their cars and proceeded to throw a breeze block on one windscreen and a brick on the other to see which one would create the most damage I guess. The worst bit was the people stole those bricks off my drive way………. 😳

ziggy
    Free Member

Oh I shouldn’t worry, they are far too busy pulling over innocent motorists like me 🙄

You will be covered by your insurance for the front screen, without penalty without affecting your NCB, however not sure on the rear, not that will make you feel any better.

redthunder
    Free Member

I want to swear 🙂 Little …………………!

rob2
    Free Member

Yeah, thing is if I saw them doing it, I think I might have taken a hammer to them. That’s what is worrying me too. Feel like going out to try and find them

Our car is only 3rd party insured as its 10 years old, wasn’t expecting some **** to vandalise it. 😐

uplink
    Free Member

Someone decided to kick my wife’s car a couple of Saturdays ago
    £750 to repair
    £200 excess to pay 🙁

rob2
    Free Member

man that sucks.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

they are far too busy pulling over innocent motorists like me

are there any “innocent motorists” ? – don’t most drivers look down on those who stick to the speed limit ?

ziggy
    Free Member

Oh gawd 🙄 someone please make him stop

don’t most cyclists look down on those who use footpaths?

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Country is a mess. Politicians say we’re investing £!!!! to fight this. Five year later, country’s in more of a mess, politicians say we’re investing £!!!! to fight this. Forever, the end.

molgrips
    Free Member

Similar to what it’s always been I think. Sorry dude.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Country is a mess.

No it’s not. Don’t be such a drama queen.

Rwanda, Congo, Sudan; those countries are a mess.

NZCol

Tis not just your country. I drove into work this morning and as i proceeded in a northerly direction along evans bay parade the countries finest were there, arnmed with their radar gun looking menacing. However, imagine my consternation as behind them within < 300m there was:
    1) an illegal u-turn being performed blind across two lanes of traffic by what looked like stevie wonder in a honda civic
    2) 3 cars double parked on cars parked already on yellow lines
    3) 1 van parked in the x hathcing in the middle of the road which was causing 1) a few problems
    4) 3 cyclists struggling to fit inbetween the van, the double parked cars and the bus that was pulling out of the bus stop.

But its OK , they were catching peopkle speeding….. 🙄

CountZero

RB, we’re aware they’re a mess. Is that supposed to console someone whose property has been vandalised and who will be comprehensively ignored by the people we pay to enforce the law? I’m really sorry but what is going on there is really nothing we can do anything about, despite what Saint Tony might think, and we should be getting our own house in order before we start lecturing other nations.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blimey, NZcol; that sounds terrible.. 🙁

Count; as annoying and inconvenient as it is, for people to have their property damaged, it is nothing compared to the woes of millions of others. To suggest this country is a ‘mess’, when it quite clearly is not, really, is just being hysterical. Get a sense of perspective.

Sorry, but the above incidents are pretty small, compared to what goes on round where I live (they prefer to nick the car, or burn it out). But I don’t think this country is in a ‘mess’.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Country is a mess.

The BCS put the total number of crimes at 10 million, a fall of 10.1% year-on-year.

Sorry about what the low-lives did to your car rob2. I know that the fact that they didn’t even do it to nick something makes it worst 🙁

When they eventually grow up they’ll be ashamed of what they did, although that’s no consolation for you now 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Those crime figures peak in 1994, which is the year I started Uni. and have fallen dramatically, since.

Proof, therefore, that the key to tackling crime is through education.

johnners
    Free Member

When someone thinks it’s OK to turn up on a perfectly ordinary thread typing “is not” it’s all just gone a bit too far. IMO.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

RB …… I thought that you had received all the education you needed in life by ducking and diving from the Old Bill, listening to words of wisdom from villains, and learning to cross the East End streets.

which is the year I started Uni.

FRAUD !

genghispod
    Free Member

Rudeboy – I can only surmise from your last post that YOU were committing all those crimes before YOU went to Uni, otherwise it makes no sense.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Erm er, no; I meant the Uniservity of Life, GG. You know, where I learnded all I need to know by bobbing and weaving, bit of this, bit of that (bit of the other whenever possible), and generally being a Geezer.

None of that poncy edumacation bollocks for me.

‘Onest. Straight up, guv’nor.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Country isnt a total mess yet, but it will be when this generation of largely disrespectful, self-obsessed morons reaches working age. “we dont have anything else to do” – neither did we, but didnt go around destroying other peoples property.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but it will be when this generation of largely disrespectful, self-obsessed morons reaches working age

except when you were young it was said about you and likewise ever since speech was invented 🙂 Let’s face it, when you look at older people, what IS there to respect ? Greedy, self-centred, knowitall grumpy gits (mostly) 🙁

eldridge
    Free Member

when you look at older people, what IS there to respect ? Greedy, self-centred, knowitall grumpy gits

My (still living) father-in-law served on HMS Indomitable when it was aircraft carrier support on Operation Pedestal, the convoy taking desperately needed supplies to an Axis-airforce beseiged Malta (Google it to find out just what a desperate situation this was at the time)

He then served in the Pacific against the Japanese

What is there to respect? If you don’t know, you’re very badly-informed

scraprider
    Free Member

who can we blame this time, sorry about your car rob

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that was an age ago. I wasn’t talking about old people when they were young

eldridge
    Free Member

He’s still the same person. And it’s not ignoble to respect old people because of who they were when they were young, rather than who they become because of ageing

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I wasn’t talking about old people when they were young

Can’t let you get away with that SFB. What you said is very clear. Quote :

“when you look at older people, what IS there to respect ? Greedy, self-centred, knowitall grumpy gits”

As eldridge rightly points out, there IS something to respect.

chewkw
    Free Member

Blame the rest of the world and blame others as that’s the trend now.

😯

scraprider
    Free Member

bugger, that was quick , its the old people.

chewkw
    Free Member

Not me. No, I did not do it. It’s his/her fault. They make me do it. Blame them.

😡

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Can’t let you get away with that SFB. What you said is very clear. Quote :

“when you look at older people, what IS there to respect ? Greedy, self-centred, knowitall grumpy gits”

As eldridge rightly points out, there IS something to respect.

this is all too theoretical. A person may have done something good in the past, or they might have made it up – who knows? – it may be part of who they are now, but only a part. In any case, I wasn’t saying all old people don’t deserve respect, but in general, as people get older, they become less altruistic and more grumpy.

that was quick , its the old people.

I wasn’t addressing the main point, I was countering coffeeking‘s suggestion that young people were in some way worse.

aP
    Free Member

Life’s shit isn’t it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Life’s shit isn’t it.

if you want it to be…

El-bent
    Free Member

Can the same be said for all of the previous generations? While you know the personal history of what someone did, its how the whole of the previous generations behave is what needs to be looked at.

I had a load of British and Australian distant relatives fight in WW1. A number of them died, one of them was wounded and as the war ended, decided to run of with the French Nurse that nursed him back to health, leaving behind his wife and four Children. So while I can respect him for fighting for a cause, the rest…

I do however have no respect for the older generation who sent the younger generation into the slaughter.

So for me, it is the older generation today that are to blame, Not specifically OAP’s, OAP’s are treated like sh*t in this country once they no longer serve a “productive” purpose, but us.

The kids of today were moulded by the generations that went before them, so is it any wonder that some of them turn out like they do?

NZCol

I blame Jade Goody

chewkw
    Free Member

Life’s shit isn’t it.

Life is always shite that is why we are all here on ups and downs emotional roller coaster.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

why we are all here on ups and downs emotional roller coaster

emotions are what fish have instead of thinking. We can do better.

Trampus
    Free Member

Bring back National Service!

😀

chewkw
    Free Member

We are fish … I need more coffee.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What is the UK coming to (rant content)’ is closed to new replies.