Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What is the RS equivalent of the Fox 36 160mm ?
  • righog
    Free Member

?

Get a bit confused with RS names

Thanks 😀

althepal

Really??
    Would be the Lyric. Similar stantions and travel? New Pike possibly but thats prob comparible to the 34.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

lyrik is closest, but the pike is lighter unless you really want to launch yourself off big drops/jumps. RS are generaly stiffer than fox so the 34 was really a competitor for the revelation.

righog
    Free Member

Really??

yip really.

Edit. Thanks 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pikes are 35mm, and available as 160.

righog
    Free Member

So The revelation would be comparable to the 34’s ?

What I am attempting to do is to swap my 140 32’s fox FIT, to my hardtail and get a longer fork for my Five.

this looks like it might fit the bill at a good price.

Merlin 150 Revs

chestrockwell

Be careful with Revs on a 5. I did it but didn’t think they matched up well with the Fox RP23 at all so quickly changed again.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

No, the Pikes are closer to the 34. Get those.

warpcow
    Free Member

Revs are sort of comparable to 34s, mainly because the 32 chassis is so over-extended in its longer-travel forms. The Rev is about as stiff and a chunk lighter than the 34 (as is the Pike, which is also stiffer). Lyriks and 36s are about the only RS and Fox forks that are almost directly comparable.

As above though: if you’re the kind of person who bought Fox’s marketing that they need a 34, you probably want a Pike.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The rev is nowhere near as stiff as a 34! Theyre stiffer than a 32 but thats not hard!

Seriously go for a fork with proper stanchions like 34s, Pikes or the Slants (almost as cheap as a rev).

jairaj

Yep agree that the RS chassis feel stiffer than equivalent Fox chassis. Demoed a few bikes earlier in the year with different RS and Fox forks. RS usually felt stiffer than Fox to me.

For trail tough go for Rev, for proper all mountain (not trail centres) go for Pike. For free ride or dh go for Lyric.

I still use my Revelation for DH too and it copes fine but that’s only a few times year. Most of my riding is trails so happy to make the compromise when doing DH.

tmb467
    Free Member

This was how it used to be…

righog
    Free Member

Thanks TMB, thats a great chart, I reckon the revs will be fine for my mincing.

Northwind

Tom_W1987 – Member

The rev is nowhere near as stiff as a 34!

Comparing 150s I found very little difference tbh. Though to be fair my Revs are 20mm not silly 15mm (otoh they are straight steerer not taper).

righog
    Free Member

Went for these in the end…It started with a £99 Frame 😀

Merlin Revs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What is the RS equivalent of the Fox 36 160mm ?’ is closed to new replies.