Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • What is the point of Doherty?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Doherty arrested

What does he actually do other than behave like a total bellend? I am struggling to see how he is still allowed his freedom.

manitou
    Free Member

he is a media creation by the KLF

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

thinking like 'armstrong and miller'

"kill him"

tomh
    Free Member

He is an amazing musician, best gig iv ever been too!

Also anyone remeber a little band called The Libertines 🙄

Ill sit back and wait for the abuse

binners

If Pete didn't exist, just imagine what the Mets drug arrest figures would look like. They might have to do something more taxing than sit outside his house and wait for him to turn up. And we can't have that now, can we?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I can only go on the very fleeting live performance I saw of his where he bothered to do a couple of songs very badly.

thomthumb
    Free Member

saw the libertiunes at brixton – when he dissaperred off stage followed by manager et al. came back 20 mins later covered in cuts and blood and apologised ashamedly! awesome band. feel sorry for the guy he is clearly troubled.

DezB
    Free Member

Long time since the Libertines tomh. Now he's just another celebrity.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'd say you've gotta see him play live, thought he was an utter cock then caught a Libertines gig, then saw babyshambles, gotta give it to him, good songs and a cracking performer. You're not supposed to like him, he's rock n' roll if it aint your cup of tea there's always:

horses for courses don't you know! (and yes, I am implying *you* are a big fan of Noel Edmonds)

tomh
    Free Member

Have you lot heard his recent solo album?

Can i point out he was arrested in Germany after allegedly throwing a bottle at a parked car and was released without charge.

I agree with MrNutt 😀

DrJ

Well, he seems to be a tosser, but he's shagged Kate Moss and I haven't, so where does that put me?

DezB
    Free Member

Have you lot heard his recent solo album?

No thanks. Don't tell me: Guitars. Mumbly, reasonable, vocals. Drums, a bass guitar. Dull. Been there done that 1000s of times over. There's more interesting things around now, so you might as well be listening to Noel Edmonds.

DaRC_L

well DrJ it depends whether you like skinny bints / more rattle than bounce 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not a fan of Noel but the Shaky poster is definitely of interest.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I don't like his music, well from what i've heard anyway.

I look upon Keith Moon's antics in his hey day quite fondly. Yep he was a bit of a **** too probably.

It's living.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm with Dez on this. Average forgettabe music from a complete Easter

geoffj

He is a very bright chap who makes good music.

This always makes me smile:

Mister-P
    Free Member

Easter? Please fill me in on that one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

shant miss him when he dies the ineviatble Rock n Roll death

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Easter? Please fill me in on that one

I was typing on my iPhone and got a capital E rather than a 'w'

Should be 'waster' sorry 😳

MadPierre

I accidently saw the Libertines before they were famous supporting someone at Rock City IIRC. They didn't make an impresssion and he still hasn't….

DezB
    Free Member

Complete Easter. I like it

soobalias
    Free Member

talented songwriter

self fulfilling prophesy

only question is will his memory live longer if he carries on or dies young.

roper
    Free Member

lol at DezB

I think you should have kept everyone guessing peter.

Stoner
    Free Member

his memory live longer if he carries on or dies young.

with what he's taken I wouldnt be surprised if both his short term and long term memory is completely shot to sh1t. 😉

I reckon he's even forgotten he's on a suspended sentence 🙂

toby1

'Easter egg hunt' – PP you might have stumbled on something there 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Dont' mind his music shame he's nothing more than an oxygen thief.
    Dead soon though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Pete Doherty should reinvent himself just like Jennifer Lopez did, I think he'd be more popular then.

billybob
    Free Member

Pete Doherty should reinvent himself just like Jennifer Lopez did, I think he'd be more popular then.

He should reinvent himself AS[/i] Jennifer Lopez, that'd be cool.

CountZero

Pete Doherty is an average songwriter, a very average guitarist, and a below average singer. I truly cannot, on the evidence of the Libertines/ Babyshambles tracks I've heard over the years, see any chance of a single one of their songs joining the 8000+ on my iPod, or the several thousand cd's I own. Dul, duller, dullest.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I like his music.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

oh he's a bell end for sure, another one of those kids that you were at school with the upper middle class parents and a fancy for poetry.

He's had a couple of half decent tracks but unfortunately its been far outweighed by him being a proper toss bag.

I hartily recommend the docu made a couple of years ago by some journalist tw@ that followed him around, got beat up by him (or one of his mates)and had stand up arguments with other fans in car parks about how "I know Pete much better than you" – basically jst a fat **** who stayed with mummy and thought he was still hip even though he looks to square to be allowed into a golf club

anyway, its on You Tube, i've never laughed so hard watching all the hangers on bang on about Docherty like he's the next Bob Dylan

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘What is the point of Doherty?’ is closed to new replies.