Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What is the longest time you have owned/used just ONE bike for?
  • ski
    Free Member

As I am thinking about going back down to just owning one bike again, please post a pic of your proud solo steed here…

(High-five btw for the longest solo bike user here.)

Pook

never had more than one bike at a time, and I’m 30.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i was about 12 maybee when I last owned only one bike …even my kids at 4 & 6 have two each

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I did 34,00 miles in 3 years on a 1998 Honda CB500s. it was my only transport for all that time. 🙂

I owned my Speed Triple for 6 years. 🙂

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have been considering this issue. If you only have one bike for all riding what would it be.

I would assume a hardtail mtb with 100 / 120mm forks but everything now is either a 100mm race xc bike or a ‘hardcore’ hard tail?

AndyRT
    Free Member

I was between the ages of 16 and 23, when I briefly forgot about the simple joys of riding bikes, so I had 0, none, nada.

Since then I have had at least 2, so I can’t be of much help, sorry

simonm
    Free Member

mmm, about 5 mins

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It was my 200ish Chameleon which I had from 2002 through to early 2006, although in late 2005 it was joined by a Coiler, then later a DHI. (So that’s 3 years. Although as it was too small, it didn’t get that much use until late 2004 when I started getting back into it.

lowey

I only ever owned one bike. My last one I had for 7 years… ridden twice a week and commuted on occasionally too.

Jamie
    Free Member

I only ever owned one bike [at a time].

^^^.

yunki
    Free Member

between the ages of 2 and 38

chakaping
    Free Member

33 years – not same bike though

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup just one always. Had the last one ten years then it snapped so I bought a SH frame and transplanted the bits. I expect to get at least 5 years out of this frame. A better bike every year isn’t going to improve my riding so I don’t bother.

It’s a Heckler set up for a fat bloke by the way.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’ve just stripped my 2006 Heckler (130 mm) and my Decade Virtue with 100mm forks and built the 130 vanilla’s into the HT frame with all the AM stuff. Really chuffed with the result. Essentially the same front end (even matched the bar height)with a nice light frame.

The Heckler was always my main man and the Virtue was for commuting or poncing up to the pub (always nice to have a clean bike to roll out on once you are showered, what?).

I am now a one bike man!… Ooh, hang on. That Covert would suit my now spare wheel set, hmm.

And so it continues..

nedrapier

Similar to Yunki and Chapaking. 1 at a time between 2 and 32. Last mtb bought in 1999. Got a kind of a road bike to join it earlier this year.

uwe-r – Member
    I have been considering this issue. If you only have one bike for all riding what would it be.

I would assume a hardtail mtb with 100 / 120mm forks but everything now is either a 100mm race xc bike or a ‘hardcore’ hard tail?

uwe-r, that’s what I’ve got: skinny steel, 100mm, although should probably drop to 85/90mm.

Some of those “race bikes” will be out and out racers, but a good slice of the 100mm bikes only look racey in comparison with the “hardcore hardtails”. Orange R8, Sanderson, Rock Lobsters… And some of the “Hardcore” aren’t that heavy and could be pretty raceable if you wanted to set them up that way, like the Cotic Soul

Or what?

ski
    Free Member

Any pics guys & girls? now curious to see what you are riding…

sparkyspice
    Free Member

5 years – Top Fuel 110 (all XTR), called Sheryl. Ridden all year round through mud and waste deep water! Now retired as an occasional winter bike and I’m slowly nicking bits to put on my new bike.
    Poor Sheryl… She was a bit like ‘Triggers Broom’, the only original bits are the main frame, stem and forks – EVERYTHING else has been replaced at some point (even the Chris King headset!).
    Love that bike, but you’ve got to move on…

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’m a serial monogamist and this week my only bike is this one . . .

I reserve the right to build something completely different next week 😈

ski
    Free Member

uwe-r – Member

That is what I am thinking of doing too uwe-r, hence the curiosity.

peteroughton169
    Free Member

my current trek remedy, coming up 3 years but starting to feel the itch now but need to be sensible! if it aint broke, dont fix it!

birky
    Free Member

Marin IFT, bought in 1994 and was my only bike till 2005. Still got it.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ve had my Inbred for 6 months and it gets at least a 12 mile loamy-woods commute every day plus extra Pentlands adventures whenever I can.

Reliably sound for reminding me I’m on a bike.

shindiggy
    Free Member

5 years sole bike. On one 456

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What is the longest time you have owned/used just ONE bike for?’ is closed to new replies.