Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What is the difference between a Spesh Pitch frame and an enduro of the same age
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Would an enduro tick all the same boxes and do anything better? Just wondered why they made 2 frames so similar in looks

Bregante

Pitch was 140mm and Enduro SL was 150 iirc? Never ridden a pitch but the SL was ace once I swapped the shock for an RP23.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Sure my pitch is 150mm? is it not?

Bregante

I’m not so sure now tbh. Just googled it and according to bikeradar they were 150 rear travel with a 140 fork? That doesn’t sound right though.

Edit.

Frame & Fork:

Frame Material:
    Frame M4 aluminium tubing
    Fork Model:
    RockShox Pike 327 Maxle, 140mm
    Rear Shock Brand:
    X Fusion
    Rear Shock Model:
    150mm (5.9in) X Fusion custom

mickolas
    Free Member

of those two bikes picced it looks like the lower one will get more travel out of the same shock as the rocker linkage is longer on the swingarm side compared to the shock side.

stevede
    Free Member

Yep was 150 rear on the pitch, came with 140mm pikes as they were cheap oem. Think the enduro was a different alloy – the pitch got the better reviews as it was more appropriately specced and specialized’s own shock and fork were unreliable and quirky.

Have a ride on mine Rob. They didn’t make a carbon Pitch though 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thats the only difference i can see – weight

schnor
    Free Member

Slightly different geometries (enduro a teeny bit longer chainstay), different rocker, tube profiles (enduro chunkier), and the enduro has a tube brace between the seat tube and top tube, but the pitch has an open (like the letter C but squared and with the gap at the bottom) brace. So not really that different 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I’m sure there was meant to be a slight difference in how the suspension worked, can’t remember what though.

patriotpro
    Free Member

They’ve (Pitches) have always had 150mm rear and 140 front when fitted with Pikes. They became 150 front when thy started to spec them with Sektors.

The alloy used was different too – M4 and M5, can’t remember which had which though.

Enduro used M4 iirr

tmb467
    Free Member

Enduro uses / used M5 which is meant to allow lighter frames with ‘higher tensile strength’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What is the difference between a Spesh Pitch frame and an enduro of the same age’ is closed to new replies.