Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What is the cheapest/ quickest way to improve my maths GCSE?
  • lyons
    Free Member

A above, i think i am going to need to improve my maths gcse from a d to a c or higher… I m sure i can do this, but the ones i have seen take a year to complete, and i want to do it quicker than that… any suggestions? If only i had applied myself when i was at school. Cheers, andy

zaskar
    Free Member

Polytech evening class?

If you understand the basics, then it's a case of registering for the class, find the examining board, buy the books for the relevent exam board/course and work through each topic and practise past papers.

Having a teacher or tutor to help you on topics which books can't help is useful.

I was injured from a car accident during my GCSE school exams and did 7 key subjects at polytech in one year and just plodded my way through and got B's and 2Cs and I'm not that bright so you'll be fine!

Study guides from WH Smith and BBC's GCSE bite size online are good revision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/

rs
    Free Member

Ah! this explains why you were unable to figure out that the guy riding the hardtail in whistler was actually quite good 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

You cheeky basket you're a dead man! Or was that aimed at Lyons?

lol 😉

Good luck with it -you'll be fine if you put the work in.

My sister was very bad at Math, past her GCSE's, A'levels (2 A grades and C) and a good Degree and came back home to do evening Math GSCE at a local evening class.

She would be very upset and annoyed as too many people in one class etc. I think she was really struggling to understand the basics to the 'advanced' and even cried. But I helped her as much as I could.

She achieved a grade C in the end but it was tough-I had to explain using examples of Rabbits getting eaten by Foxes -how many do you have left etc; to explain the Algebra. It did my head in too teaching her but also contributed to me going back to uni (now) to become a teacher and help others like her.

Don't ever give up.

lyons
    Free Member

Yeah, cause im a right thicko… 😀 I suppose you all have PHd's? Actually, its very fustrating, as i have 9 other gcses with aan A to C grade, and i complained about the group i was put into for year 10. (from 2nd highest in year 9 to 3rd lowest in year 10). But the teacher wasnt interested, and i didnt really care too much, so just accepted it. Which meant i coud only get a D in the final exam. On the practice papers i got 100 percent a few times. IWith hindsight, i should have asked my parents to get involved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What is the cheapest/ quickest way to improve my maths GCSE?’ is closed to new replies.