Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What is the best way of managing family accounts on Amazon (Kindles/Dots etc) ?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I have an Amazon Prime account and I have several devices linked (phone, iPad, wife’s phone, children’s Kindles (2 of them).

When I go to Amazon > Manage my devices, I can see them all there however the email addresses associated with the Kindles is different to the ones indicated on the devices (both clearly mine as have personal detail on them). It is set up as my wife & I as ‘Adults’ and the girls as ‘children’.

I am just trying to work out how to allow my daughters to access Amazon Music as it doesn’t seem to allow them (I assume because of the disparity in linked email addresses).

Should I start again with the Kindles so the email addresses associated with them tally with my online account?

Then… We are thinking about getting a couple of Dots for the girls for Christmas – would they just be linked to MY account as I am the ‘owner’ of the family account, or can they be personalised?

johndoh
    Free Member

Anyone?

dannybgoode

I’d email Amazon support. I had a bit of a faff unlinking my mum’s account and hooking in my wife.

They were surprisingly helpful and sorted it all out without a fuss.

Riofer
    Free Member

I think Amazon prime music is limited to one device, you need to get the family music unlimited to get it on multiple. I have it on my phone and linked echo dot but can’t get it on the kids fire tablets

johndoh
    Free Member

As we are about to join the Amazon Ecosystem (we bought a couple of Dots and an Echo at the current discounted price) I was thinking about getting Prime Unlimited too – so will this allow us to play different music via different devices?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What is the best way of managing family accounts on Amazon (Kindles/Dots etc) ?’ is closed to new replies.