Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What is rideable from London centre (Fulham)?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

So on wednesday I shall be moving to London away from all the lovely mountains of Slovenia. I am wondering what there is available to ride from the city centre?

Obviously I expect you guys will know most about xc type trails which will most likely not rideable form the centre from london. Suggestions on these also would be good, places I can access quite easily on the train.

So far I have bought a dmr drone for messing around the street and dirt jumps etc so any pointers on places that I can ride this on dirt jumps, little bmx tracks or the likes would be helpful. Also places that are close by on the train? I would maybe look to buy a hardtail at some point soon money depending so also looking to find out about places for that.

thanks

joolsburger
    Free Member

There are some huge jumps at Teddington Lock. Not far from Fulham at all. Also Anus? Really?

brakes
    Free Member

for XC stuff
    train from Waterloo to Dorking – ride the Surrey Hills
    train to St Martin’s Heron – ride at Swinley
    train to Arlesey – ride Chicksands
    train to Brookwood – ride Pirbright/ Tunnel Hill
    Epping Forest
    Wisley for jumpy stuff
    there are options, none of them easy, but worth it

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

those djs looks rather nice.

looks like i need to find another dj bike to buy as the numpty i was buying a dmr drone off has imformed me his garage got broken into so its not for sale anymore, im willing to believe this is a load of old cobblers as hes not been particularly reliable with information so far, hassle! was a bargain too.

br
    Free Member

train to Tring/Wendover/Princes Risborough etc for Chilterns – or use the Grand Junction canal if you are fit 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

Here’s a good place for an hour’s messing about. Right next to Brixton Cycles too!

clubber
    Free Member

ooh Teddington’s changed since 15 years ago where we did the much smaller precursors to this jumps.

Brixton is good as above.

various embankments have good stuff – look out for skateboarders

cheeky stuff in Richmond Park and Wimbledon Common.

Train to Dorking

and multi story carparks are brilliant when closed at night.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

had a quick look on that extreme sports map website, that has a LOT of stuff actually, is that the stockwell skatepark?

anjs
    Free Member

You want Martins Heron not St Martin Heron for Swinley. Its on the line form Fulham to Reading.

RoterStern
    Free Member

is that the stockwell skatepark?

Yes it is. More on the edge of Brixton (just behind the Brixton Academy).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What is rideable from London centre (Fulham)?’ is closed to new replies.