Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • What is it with (some) roadies ?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Has anyone written to their MP about this disgrace?

Hope this sums it up. I’ll give a cheerly hello to everyone on a bike even the workman in his boots and yellow.
    I get a lot of hellos back, but some people out on a bike don’t know it’s the law to wave back at other strangers on bikes, but I understand that.
    I can also tell a roadie from a person riding a road bike.
    Last week I thought of STW’ers. whilst out on a midweek training session, not just a ride a cyclist waved and shouted hello. Sadly I’d just finished an interval witha couple of second cats. And quite frankly I was seriously having trouble breathing and keeping my bowels closed to respond. And my first thought was STWers.

oldgit
    Free Member

It said I was the last poster, so where’s my post I err posted?

But simply not everyman and his dog are aware of the nod etc.
    A person riding a road bike isn’t always a roadie.
    I blanked a person last week for the first time in ages, but as I couldn’t breathe and I was having trouble keeping my bowels closed after training with 2nd cats half my age, I feel I can be excused.

I always get a nod back from roadies, and hardly ever from lycra clad men out with a road bike. As I’m usually! on the road when I’m riding my road bike I don’t encounter MTBers.
    But off road – good God MTBers like to talk don’t they. Don’t know if it’s just me, but when I’m actually riding myself I’m not interested in what and where you’ve just been.

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah haa there it is.

rp16v
    Free Member

iv noticed this on my commutes u get the full on racey types who just give the full blank look like they have tunnel vision and only see ahead im always happy on my rides and more than happy to nod,a common one in bristol is just a slight wave of the fingers while palm still on the bar as u pass.
    or just sit up suacide panda style waving your hands like a plank 😆

beanieripper
    Free Member

nearly every rider, roadie or mtb i see round here says hi, walkers too.. the tinterweb would have me think that all roadies & walkers hate mtbers…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was out of my roadbike today – for only trhe second time in decasdes and all the other roadies waved at me 🙂

I felt like I belonged. Not the usual scowls you get if you are on MTB

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘What is it with (some) roadies ?’ is closed to new replies.