Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What is it about having an audience…
  • allthegear
    Free Member

…that makes it all go a little wrong?

I was up around Ladybower today and, coming down what I believe is called the Beast (but I might be wrong) there were a few lads scoping the middle section before riding it. I come through and they’re all watching. I just seem to ride into a dead-end – can’t seem to piece together a trail down even though it had been going sooo well till that point.

Why does that happen to me??

Oh – and BTW – there now seems to be a little exhibition open in the reservoir to 617 squadron. Quite interesting although I did feel a little weird parking my german-built bike by the memorial…

Rachel

RealMan
    Free Member

Was with a couple of mates the other day, I was on my bmx. One asked if I could do a wheelie, so I pulled a manual, and of course, instantly looped out and landed on my ass. He helped me up though..

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I know what you mean. They always seem to appear just when you get to the technical bit that you’re a bit unsure of. If you were lucky enough to be in the ‘zone’ then you instantly come out of it and think ‘omg I have an audience’ and if you’re me you attempt that technical challenge and crash amusingly.

I was doing a very demanding downhill the other day right on the edge of my ability and as soon as I saw some downhillers pushing up I instantly lost it right in front of them. Then I tried to get back on and my saddle was twisted round sideways. 😳

djglover
    Free Member

I bet you can’t pee standing up in the gents toilets either

monksie
    Free Member

They’ve been opening the small museum in the dam every Sunday for a few years now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What is it about having an audience…’ is closed to new replies.