Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • What is Britain's best SINGLETRACK descent??
  • Ambrose

funkyhooda- spill da beanz, where is this track of which you speak?

Far- your pic tempts me lots, give us all a clue please!

sputnik
    Free Member

Sidewinder @ Afan

Ewan
    Free Member

The picture that Far posted is up near Glen Affric. He's right as well. It is the best bit of singletrack in the UK…

It's properly lovely…

devs
    Free Member

Wrexham.
    CBM gets honourable mention. There's also an 840m hill that I can see from my window. The walkers built a path on it just before the access laws changed and inadvertently built a magic long downhill. It is singletrack but it's tougher than CBM or Laggan black in places and at the wrong time is littered with redsox. Nuff said already.

Far
    Free Member

That being where ?

Sorry – descent from Bealach an Sgairne to Morvich near Shiel Bridge.

We did it as a 2 day ride from Morvich up Alt Granada to the Glen Affric youth hostel then back out again over Bealach an Sgairne.

Whether you would see it as an amazing 2 day adventure in some of the UK's most incredible scenery and culminating in the UK's best singletrack descent or 2 days carrying your bikes up rocks and through bogs for 50 mins of good trail would probably vary from person to person.

I was definitely in the first category but I don't supposed the weather hurt!

funkyhooda
    Free Member

Ambrose – bit hard to describe, all i know is the trail sends you in the opposite direction to the way we normally go and there is an off shoot over the top, then it starts. you have to cross a fire road, twisty section through the trees out the other side follow the fireroad down about 50 yards and the hidden entrance is there off the bend. pretty over grown entrance but the track is fine. like i said, there is a monster climb up a fireroad the other side and it eventually joins the marked trails again but the climb is well worht what preceeds it 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Some great ideas and pics, thanks.

Gotta feel sorry for folk who can only come up with trail centre descents on this thread. Need to get out more I reckon.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

agentdagnamit

Gotta feel sorry for folk who can only come up with trail centre descents on this thread. Need to get out more I reckon.

Yep I agree 😉

MrKmkII
    Free Member

not entirely sure about the anti-trail centre sentiment – a far few of these trail centre tracks started as unofficial tracks cut by the locals, or animal tracks. i remember riding aston hill before it was official – the track was permanently covered in needles, it was so rarely used!

though personally i +1 for gordimhor – the best one is the next one!

clareymorris

How cheeky can we be?!

clareymorris

I'm dying to do the Loch Muick route…………it is my nemesis…….this was our last attempt!!

Should have got the hint and stopped here but it was such a stunning day!

Still going…….

…………and for that reason, I'm out!!

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I'm dying to do the Loch Muick route…………it is my nemesis…….this was our last attempt!!

This looks like the one starting in Glen Clova? I did it last summer and it was really good. The Capel Mounth descent back into Glen Clova was particularly fun but very muddy through the woods at the bottom. I expect it will be in good condition now after this dry spell.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lower half of capel mounth has been armoured slightly …..not sure who by but they have been building natural board walk over the bogtrotting sections . The top is getting cut up badly in the grassy section though …. The highlight on that ride is getting a clear run at the walkers path and continuing down the right side of loch muick

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘What is Britain's best SINGLETRACK descent??’ is closed to new replies.