Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What is Bedgebury like at the moment?
  • kermit
    Free Member

Morning all,

I usually take my 11yr old riding at Swinley over the winter. He prefers Bedgebury, but it’s a bit more of a schlep to get to, so a complete pain if it turns out to be really muddy or there’s lots of trail closures, as has sometimes been the case there in my experience.

Has anyone been there recently who could provide a quick trail report? 🙂

paulwf

The trail is surfaced well pretty much all the way round now. One short closure after not so pointless.

kermit
    Free Member

Thanks Paul. Looks like Bedgebury it is then. 🙂

acid877
    Free Member

The closure is now open. They’ve added a new bit to the existing trail, it runs really well.

dantsw13

Bedgbury now is more a case of “puddles after rain” than the mudfest it used to become.

kermit
    Free Member

Still a complete mud bath compared to Swinley, but a good day out with the boy all the same, and a solid vote of thanks to the shop for using their compressor to reseat my rear tyre and then check it for leaks.

Saved my ride, and wouldn’t even accept payment for it! 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Not ridden there for years but might take the bikes next time we head down to the wife’s parents. Is it still a small lottery win to park?

bugeye
    Free Member

Yep…It’s £12 for the day at the weekend.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am sure I saw a sign a few months back where if you head in early doors for a quick ride then the cost is reduced? It may have been before or around 8:30. Give the bike shop there a quick call, they may be able to deny or confirm this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What is Bedgebury like at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.