Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • What iPad do you have?
  • Spud

Pondering one for use of surfing etc when on hols. Have work laptops but often for checking email/ weather etc this might be more use. Which memory version do you have an would you have made a different choice?

DezB
    Free Member

Got the bottom of the range for half price. Perfectly happy with it, but if I was planning to take it out of the house, would’ve got the 3G version.

starsh78
    Free Member

I opted for a mac book air over an iPad, i’m glad i did, silly massive iPhone thingy 😛

5thElefant
    Free Member

The only not-so-obvious thing is that the wifi only version doesn’t have a gps. So… even though I don’t want or need 3G, that’s the one I’ve got. Memory-wise it should be obvious what meets your needs I guess. I just got the biggest, because it was the biggest…

I opted for a mac book air

I have one of those too. They’re different tools.

leffeboy

If it helps I have a 32GB version and it says I have 22 apps on including 470 songs) and have only used 4GB. I got the camera connector as it’s a nice way to review stuff you’ve taken but I don’t store lots of photos on it so not much space there.

I’d go for 3G though as I like the instant on calendar/email anywhere and I can’t do that through my phone. The only downside is that it looks a little over the top if you say “I’ll just check my calendar” and whip out an iPad so in some ways an iPhone might be better for that bit

trail_rat
    Free Member

if i was buying an ipad – it would depend if i had an iphone or not – which i do ….

id buy a 64gb wifi

if i didnt have an iphone and i wanted to use it as a mobile tablet for all sorts then id get a 3g …..

im waiting for the newer one to come out – as i cant justify it so soon after the iphone but im sold on the concept as its just so entertaining … i have a small 7 inch net book that is fine but its no where near as entertaining at my iphone on airplanes/airports ( which i spend alot of time on/in these days) but my iphone is just tooo small if you know what i mean

mrchrispy

I’ve got the next version of it, or at least I will when they release it 🙂

geoffj

I’m going to get the wifi one and then a Three MiFi dongle so I can use it with my laptop too.

Spud

I’d prob go for the 3G. We have an iMac too so taking a bluetooth keyboard on hols isn’t an issue.

qcamel
    Free Member

I bought big memory, wifi only, did not forsee how much I would use it, if I could do it again I would buy the 3G and a slightly smaller memory model..

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have the base model with no 3G as I can set my phone up as a wifi hotspot and use that to connect to the web. And I don’t need masses of memory either. Lack of gps doesn’t concern me at all, I have that on my phone so don’t see why I would need it on an iPad. Had the iPad for three months now and very happy with my choice.

So I guess it depends what you want to do with it and what sort of phone you have.

IA

32gb wifi, cos I can tether via my phone.

32 as this replaces a MBP and the space is handy. About 18 gig on just now, which is a pile of photos, quite a lot of data in apps and some music.

iDave
    Free Member

my iPad is a samsung galaxy…

Jamie
    Free Member

my iPad is a samsung galaxy…

Then it’s not an iPad is it, smarty pants.

drain

What geoffj said, it’ll be the family Crimbo pressie this year.

Also means our various Touches can be online when away from the house and I’ll get less earache from them about having an iPhone for work!

Still debating whether to go for the 1GB/month MiFi or 5GB.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Dave I think you mean ‘your samsung galaxy is pretending to be an iPad’

mogrim

Then it’s not an iPad is it, smarty pants.

😆

Dave, is the Galaxy Tab any good? I’ve got an Android phone which I’m very happy with, but how well do the Android apps run on the larger screen?

nellyp
    Free Member

Dez
    Got the bottom of the range for half price.

Are there any more half price????

starsh78
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

samsung touch screen tablets have been around for years 🙂 I had one about 6 years ago

iDave
    Free Member

All evidence is that it’s making a bad job of being an iPad – I paid £430 for it. Took it home, put in an microSD card of any size I chose, put in a sim card, played with both cameras, added lots of useful apps which work rather well. Put it in my jacket pocket, walked into town, surfed without wifi access and so on. Which I fear makes it not quite the same as an iPad at a similar price point 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that not an iPhone then? I was joking btw.

iDave
    Free Member

it’s like a big iphone only with more betterness

maxray
    Free Member

got a 16gig one tho it was a work issue so didnt have a choice. As gary mentioned above I just use my desire as a wifi hotspot for web browsing on the train or whatever. iDave the thread is asking what version iPad you have not can you suggest an alternative so stop waving that not overly impressive willy 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

So like a big iphone and a small ipad? That sounds handy 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Clearly if an iphone was a pygmy goat, and an ipad a normal goat, the galaxy would be like a small normal goat, maybe 6 months old.

mogrim

iDave the thread is asking what version iPad you have not can you suggest an alternative

OP wants an iPad for “surfing etc when on hols”, suggesting an alternative isn’t completely unreasonable.

No idea about the size of iDave’s willy, though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bet it’s smaller than his handy telepad thing.

iDave
    Free Member

Bet it’s smaller than his handy telepad thing.

I have a 14 inch galaxy tab 😉

Spud

Does Dave’s willy have wifi access?

iDave
    Free Member

I did ask your wifi for access but she said she had a headache

Spud

Nothing changes does it!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i’m looking to buy the bottom of the range one and get the Mi-Fi thing. Cheaper to buy the ipad and can just get a PAYG top up for the Mi-Fi should i want to use it away from home etc.

mogrim

I did ask your wifi for access but she said she had a headache

She always says that at first, a quick play with aircrack and she’s yours for the taking.

maxray
    Free Member

LOL 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

32GB wifi – we have to ration the kids with the thing as they’d quite happily spend every waking hour on the thing. It also acts as our 2nd tv; we got rid of our wall mounted lcd in the dining room (now have a nice picture on the wall) and just use the ipad when needed ie. Match of the Day on Sunday mornings with breakfast, crappy Sunday afternoon tv when making the roast etc. It’s great for surfing the web / playing games / listening to music also – aside from when I’m working from home the laptop hasn’t been used since we got it.

I also use it for editing photos too – it’s surprisingly powerful with the right software…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘What iPad do you have?’ is closed to new replies.