Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Integrated dishwasher
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

Mrs Eyepic and I are looking to get a new kitchen… she wants a fully built-in one. I want one that has a twenty year warranty (I know ..dreamer) and it to cost as little as poss.

Any ideas folks?

matthewjb
    Free Member

fully built-in one.

Miele

I want one that has a twenty year warranty (I know ..dreamer)

Miele (Not sure how long the warranty is but it’s generally pretty long. Our Miele washing machine has a 10 year warranty

and it to cost as little as poss

Ummm not Miele.

To be honest if it’s going to be integrated then get the one that will last longest. The pain of replacing an integrated machine will far outweigh any small price saving.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

The pain of replacing an integrated machine will far outweigh any small price saving.

what mjb said. very little space to work around an integrated machine. if ours wasn’t trashed before I decided to take it out, it definitely was by the time I got it out!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why are they hard to remove?? Fwiw ours is bosch, 4 yrs old gets super hot and has never missed a beat!!!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

The pain of replacing an integrated machine will far outweigh any small price saving.

because, if ours was anything to go by, the kitchen had been pretty much built around it. It was attached to both adjoining cupboard carcasses AND the worktop above. Ludicrously sticky self-adhesive heat shielding applied to top surface AFTER it was installed, reventing it from sliding forwards. 4 adjustable-height screw-in feet that were siezed beyond all recognition, water feed and mains cable fed through the back of a neighbouring cupboard with poor access, floor covering laid afterwards, making it impossible to pull forwards…..

shall I go on?! This was a rubbish Hotpoint by the way. others’ experiences may vary.

matthewjb
    Free Member

This was a rubbish Hotpoint by the way. others’ experiences may vary.

My experience was based around an expensive fitted kitchen. It still took nearly a day to replace.

The Miele was fairly straightforward to install though. Lots of well clever touches. e.g. All four feet can be adjusted from the front panel. But still routing the cables and water is a pain.

Hohum
    Free Member

8.5 years with a Bosch here.

The only time it has played up was when a slither of ceramic ended up stuck in the outlet pipe. Apart from that, fingers crossed, everything has been okay.

Overloading will compromise its washing ability though, grrrr at my wife 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pfftt, poorly fitted kitchens! Anything that can break should be easily accessible at a minimum and removable without too much hassle! Tsall about the planning……

headpotdog
    Free Member

Bosch for me too.

Got mine in December at a very good price from http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk. Service was exceptional too. Highly recommended.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In 9 years I’ve been through a Smeg (good washer but only lasted 3 years) and a Siemens – lasted marginally longer but crap at actually washing dishes. Currently on a Kenwood – best washer of the three but I am sure it is only a matter of time before the badly fitting top tray breaks.

GJP
    Free Member

My whirlpool has served me well for about 15 years, but has recently packed up. Not bad I guess. Currently doing it by hand for the last month or two, strangely cathartic.

cynic-al
    Free Member

only 3 years but my Ikea/Whirlpool is doing grand.

curvature
    Free Member

I think the moral of this story is to fit the flooring first and cover the entire floor space.

And you don’t save a lot by not doing it this way unless you have a huge number of kitchen units or use very expensive flooring.

I have just had to replace the thermostats on my Baumatic dishwasher after 5years of daily use and the fact that I had put the tiles down first meant all I had to do was remove 2 screws and I could then slide it out.

The thermostats cost under £10 so a cheap job to do.

However I would advise against Baumatic as I have other items in the kitchen and I wish I had spent the extra and gone for AEG, Smeg or Miele etc

For what it’s worth I would say the Baumatic stuff has performed better that the Hopoint washing machine and dryer that we have in the utility room.

LardLover
    Free Member

Another 8+ years here with a Bosch

MrOvershoot

If the machine is hard to remove then your kitchen fitter is at fault.

Our AEG has been in 9 years without a fault, one of the hoses on our washing machine developed a crack and it took me 10 minutes to change.

Because our kitchen fitter knew what he was doing and installed locking runners for each machine 🙂

headpotdog
    Free Member

The hardest part about replacing my dishwasher was refitting the cupboard door to the front of the new machine. What a pain in the ar*e that was!!
    I was doing this with my right arm in a sling due to a broken collarbone though, but doing it 2 handed would still have tested my patience I can tell you!! USELESS German instructions… 👿

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Pfftt, poorly fitted kitchens! Anything that can break should be easily accessible at a minimum and removable without too much hassle! Tsall about the planning

……
    This.

8 year old AEG here and would not buy another – its just a glorified Hotpoint (who are part of same group). Control panel burnt out after 4 years (common fault on this model) and we had to get it out to tip it over to remove mussel shell from outflow so it’s not been unreliable but build quality is very average.

Sister in law is using a 25 yo Miele. Suspect they’re not as good as that anymore but still reckoned to be the best. Bosch and Siemens seem the best of the affordable brands.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Integrated dishwasher’ is closed to new replies.