Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What inner tubes for Cyclocross tyres?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Got some 33mm tyres with deep section rims. Any recommendations for where to get tubes and what to pay please? Not averse to buying in bulk. About a dozen or so plus?

dudeofdoom

Innertubeshop.com is where I buy all my tubes and they have discounts floating around some days ..

Course you could as they say here embrace the spaff an go tubeless (after two non punctures on my commute I’m sorta converted,)

cookeaa

Course you could as they say here embrace the spaff an go tubeless (after two non punctures on my commute I’m sorta converted,)

Ditto, spare tubes have remained taped under the TT for a year now 40mm Veerubber Rails for summer, 32mm Hutchinson Toros for winter…

curiousyellow
    Free Member

The rims I’ve got aren’t tubeless compatible sadly. Else I’d have been all over that.

simondbarnes

A dozen or more tubes? Don’t you repair them when you get a puncture?

cookeaa

The rims I’ve got aren’t tubeless compatible sadly. Else I’d have been all over that.

Most of my tubeless setups are on non-UST rims, honestly it’s not dark magic. Gorilla tape (or similar), couple of valves, and some sealant… It’s honestly better than stockpiling tubes in anticipation of regular flats…

thomthumb
    Free Member

not needed. just tape em.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not always my CX wont go tubeless but might with other tyres- they are so loose they almost fall of anyway and wont bead

curiousyellow
    Free Member

A dozen or more tubes? Don’t you repair them when you get a puncture?

At around £1 per tube I usually don’t bother. Shocking, I know 🙁

not needed. just tape em.

The tyres I’ve got are supposed to not go up with tape according to several people who’ve tried.

@dudeofdoom
    Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check them out.

Should I run normal length valve stems with an extender, or get the 62mms? Never had deep section rims before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What inner tubes for Cyclocross tyres?’ is closed to new replies.